dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
connor79
join:2011-11-02

connor79

[Asterisk] What happens if I disable device and user mode?

Running PIAF with Asterisk and have Device and User mode enabled. Having some issues so wanted to disable it.

To keep it simple as an example, the way it's set up right now is that we have 3 phones in the office, 3 phones at home and 3 extensions.

The 3 office phones are device ID 100, 101, 102.
The 3 home phones are device ID 200, 201, 202.
The 3 Users are 300, 301, 302 and correspond to their numbers above. So extension 300 is set up as user 300 on devices 100, and 200. Extension 301 is set up as user 301 on devices 101, and 102, etc.

If I go back to just Extension mode, what from the above become the extensions? I am assuming and hoping that it's the users, so 300, 301, and 302 all become extensions needing a password enabled on them, with the devices 100, 101, 102, 200, 201, 202 etc get deleted but I wanted to confirm before I do it just so that it doesn't kill users voicemail etc. Any idea before I do it? I've done it before in the past and I think I'm right in my thought but wanted to find out thanks!
SCADAGeo
Premium Member
join:2012-11-08
N California

SCADAGeo

Premium Member

said by connor79:

the devices 100, 101, 102, 200, 201, 202 etc get deleted but I wanted to confirm before I do it just so that it doesn't kill users voicemail etc. Any idea before I do it? I've done it before in the past and I think I'm right in my thought but wanted to find out thanks!

I don't know the answer, but you can always perform a backup before making changes.

Just in case you don't have a current backup, you can create one via:

Tools -> Backup & Restore -> Add Backup Schedule

Enter a schedule name (such as JustInCase), select all of the options under "Basic Settings"

If you use call recording/monitoring, click the '+' next to Additional Files, and add in the box to the right of "Additional files and folders:"

/var/spool/asterisk/monitor

Schedule it for a few minutes into the future.

The backup will be created in:

/var/lib/asterisk/backups/JustInCase (or whatever name you chose).

You can use "Restore from Backup" if needed.