Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TOPDAWG

Re: [Rant] New Laptop with Win8 - do not like!

said by TOPDAWG:

I see MS being back the UI themselves with an update. I don't want a shitty looking tablet look on my PC.

Thats exactly it... Even if you hack the start menu on, the whole thing looks like freakin windows95, all plain and flat...

I actually like the aero look of Windows 7. I have it tweaked nicely to my liking.
--

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
said by HiVolt:

Thats exactly it... Even if you hack the start menu on, the whole thing looks like freakin windows95, all plain and flat...

That's why Start8 is worth even penny of the $5 it costs (that is, if you want to be legitimate, anyway. There's ways around that ).

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to HiVolt
I'm staying with 7 I see 7 being the new XP of the MS line. People will keep that mother for years. MS is going to do externed support for 7 till 2020.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Gone
said by Gone:

That's why Start8 is worth even penny of the $5 it costs (that is, if you want to be legitimate, anyway. There's ways around that ).

Yeah, I'll save the $5 and stay with Windows 7...

I just hope MS comes to their senses and will enable an option or something to disable that metro crap for someone who just wants to use the desktop as it was intended.
--