join:2002-10-16
Seneca, SC

mythology

Premium Member

Re: First attempt at dispersion

Click for full size
Click for full size
Current cover.
Here we go. Without the dispersion and more mud. Darker shadows and brighter colors. I followed a HDR mimic effect tut. Not sure I like it. Looks really edited; Like a ugly woman with tons of make up. What do you think? Point of impact shot?

Included our current FB cover that i did last month. The only thing not shopped is the jeeps position. The original was propped up like this on a ramp.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay

MVM

The muddy one now looks clearly muddy but also clearly edited. The extra mud looks wayyyy edited, sorry to say. The Mag cover is terrific. I have been in Jeeps at the edge of a big rock just like that and breathed a sigh of relief that the tire didn't rupture going over it. I won't comment on what happened to the underside!

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ

dolphins to mythology

Premium Member

to mythology
Yes, just as you mentioned, too much. If that was a woman she would be hard to look at. The dispersion density should decrease as it travels through the air.

Have you given any thought to making a bit of a water wake and less dispersion at the water level, similar to how a boat pushes water ahead of itself at low speeds?

Here's some water displacement brushes to help you unless you want to create the effects yourself? I'm using CS5 also and I installed these brushes.

»miloartdesign.deviantart ··· 73732663

»anarasha-stock.deviantar ··· 44162536

For those that are unfamiliar with installing brushes in PS. Unzip ABR brushes to or from desktop 'move to' C:/Program Files/Adobe/Photoshop/Presets/Brushes folder.