uniqs
share rss forum feed

wmcbrine
213 251 145 96

join:2002-12-30
Laurel, MD
kudos:1

Will there ever be an OS XI? Or what?

Will 10.9 be followed by 10.10, and so on? How long will it continue? Does this one go to eleven someday? (Ooh, I can see the ads now, featuring Spinal Tap.)
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

McLovin
Chicka chicka yeah
Premium
join:2005-06-12
Fairbanks, AK

Funny you mentioned that. I've started wondering the same thing. The ads seem like they could be hilarious ("Oh, you only go to 8? Ours goes to 11...")
--
Tube surfin' at 22Mbps/2Mbps

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
reply to wmcbrine

My prediction...yes, the marriage of iOS and OS X (like Microsoft just did) will be OS 11

I predict they'll, finally, jettison the, confusing, Latin number scheme.
I mean, who needs to spend 15 - 20 seconds figuring out a number....like Super Bowl XLVIII?

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2

It's been so long I hear people calling it OS EX all the time.

Da Geek Kid

join:2003-10-11
::1
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to wmcbrine

Well, let's see. Since they migrated completely from PowerPC to iNtel which made no difference in full release version I reckon it will be hard to think of a design to make a change out of X even if the design was in 3d.

Now officially 10.2, as an example, is completely incompatible with 10.8 which in itself is truly odd.

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
reply to skeechan

said by skeechan:

It's been so long I hear people calling it OS EX all the time.

It's natural to see three letters in a row, and assume it's an "eks".

It's one thing to see Super Bowl X (word, word, Latin number) and understand what it should be, it's another to expect people to switch gears after saying "oh-ess" (letter, letter) and then pronounce a number (when they see the X).

Yes, I know, years ago it was OS IX, but tens of millions of new users never used that system