share rss forum feed

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28
kudos:1
reply to stinkyboots

Re: [WildBlue] Wildblue announces speed upgrades for Legacy cust

said by stinkyboots :

some areas are closed to Exede upgrades because beams are full

I'm not aware of Exede 12 beams being full, but I am aware of one Exede 5 beam closed in North-West corner of US...eastern Washington, if I recall

stinkyboots

@myvzw.com
said by DrStrangLov:

I'm not aware of Exede 12 beams being full, but I am aware of one Exede 5 beam closed in North-West corner of US...eastern Washington, if I recall

Exede 12, me either. I went to a zipcode list and put in a few random ones for Kansas and Nebraska at Wildblue.com (exede.com works too of course), "Service not available at this time. Due to overwhelming demand, new installations in your area have been suspended." I didn't try many, but every one I tried said that. Iowa said it "may" be available, but exact address needed, just from one I tried. No new customers for several weeks at least here, installers say it's full.

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28
kudos:1
said by stinkyboots :

...put in a few random ones for Kansas and Nebraska at Wildblue.com (exede.com works too of course), "Service not available at this time....

I've seen the proposed Exede 5 areas on a map, but are all of these operational today. When installer came, I asked him about another beam area he installs in, and he indicated it was not up/running yet in late March.

I've never seen this map before, but via BES-WildBlue Sales Team, "Short-term beam outages are currently affecting the northwest area of the United States which could mean Exede sevice may not be immediately available if you live in an affected area. Please see the map below. If you live in one of the white areas shown on the map, please call us at 1-866-xxx-xxxx before ordering to ensure that you receive prompt and satisfactory service. "

I have no idea what dark blue areas mean.