how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

vikingisson

join:2010-01-22
Mississauga, ON
reply to kovy

Re: No bridge mode for 'Sagemcom' effective November 19th ???

exactly. So what is actually the story? I'm not really concerned because I've already abandoned the VDSL/Sagemcom I had until a real modem is offered.

It caught my eye because I thought maybe they wanted to force you to use it as the primary router and disable the passthrough mode.

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8

said by vikingisson:

exactly. So what is actually the story? I'm not really concerned because I've already abandoned the VDSL/Sagemcom I had until a real modem is offered.

It caught my eye because I thought maybe they wanted to force you to use it as the primary router and disable the passthrough mode.

No story... Sagemcom commes with it's own userID/password, so you don't change that and just put your info in your own router... I don't understand the confusion here.

vikingisson

Mississauga, ON

That default userID/password is a PPPoE session and is routable, that's why. There's only a small chance that passthrough mode is being killed but some of us never liked that Bell back door and would prefer a real Bridge. Title might be misleading so I'm only asking for clarity.

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8

said by vikingisson:

That default userID/password is a PPPoE session and is routable, that's why. There's only a small chance that passthrough mode is being killed but some of us never liked that Bell back door and would prefer a real Bridge. Title might be misleading so I'm only asking for clarity.

Multiple PPPOE sessions of the same ID... Not multiple logins...

vikingisson

Mississauga, ON

that was my question. Now I'm done. thanks.