share rss forum feed

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath
reply to AngryDallas

Re: AT&T Switching me to UVerse without my permission!

What version of U-Verse are they trying to move you to? AT&T has 2 version, IPDSL and U-Verse with TV.

Also in some areas, yes it is Fiber Optic, direct to the home, but its limited areas.

If you don't want to take the U-Verse route and upgrade and are happy with the slower speeds, I would suggest you sign up with a reseller/wholesaller and convert over to them. By doing so, AT&T still has to provide you with the DSL until they can remove that reseller from the network.

AngryDallas

join:2010-12-06
Dallas, TX

I am just going from DSL with no home phone service, the Elite 6MB to UVerse Internet only, same 6MB download speed and the upload speed will increase to 1MB from 768kb/sec

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath

Sounds like you're on IPDSL then. And if you don't want to switch then you need to order a phone line from AT&T- a basic metered line would do it and call a reseller/local ISP to do business with and get your 6meg without switching. But you will be required to do a share-line account since ISPs are not allowed to sell dry line DSL any longer.

AngryDallas

join:2010-12-06
Dallas, TX

1 edit

The modem arrived today.

It's a 3600HGV and it's almost as high as my PC tower.

Are you sure this is the right thing?

Shouldn't (with the advances in new technologies) it be getting smaller instead of getting bigger?