how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hagbard72

join:2000-10-02
Kingsville

Confused - Begin service dates

I now have a full month of Cogeco service left, they required thirty days notice. Talking to the Start rep sounded like when they establish a day to being service, they'd let me know and I'd be billed from that point. But I don't want to pay a full month of Cogeco AND a full month of Start at the same time. It didn't appear I could set the date. Is this right?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
Are you doing it as a transfer or an install?

rudeboy24

join:2002-10-14
Welland, ON
Hey Rocca,

What he means is that if he cancels now he has to keep cogeco till Jan 3rd. and he will get billed from cogeco till the 3rd. then he needs to pay start at the same time for the first month ..so he gets 2 bills at the same time.

hagbard72

Kingsville
reply to rocca
transfer I believe. I'm keeping Cogeco active till Start is running (saving the install fee).

hagbard72

Kingsville
reply to rudeboy24
That's it exactly. Ideally, I'd like to say "begin my Start service on the 27th" that way I'm paying Start from the 27th and Cogeco till the 4th. A bit of overlap but not weeks of overlap.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
Yes no problem, on transfers you can pick the date with us. With installs you can still request dates, the further out the more likely we can hit an exact date, but with transfers we can always meet the exact date.

hagbard72

Kingsville
reply to hagbard72
Is there a place on the form I can request the start date Rocca? That would be great.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
Yes, on the second page it asks your current provider and the date you want the service active for, as well as a comments section if you want to add more detail it's possible there as well. Thanks!

hagbard72

Kingsville
reply to hagbard72
Oh boy, I need to go to the second page! Yep, its there. I'm told its pro-rated for that first month, but applied the second?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
You pay the full month upfront but the charge is prorated once your date is confirmed so you carry a credit to the following 1st. In general terms regardless of the date you order or the date you get installed you never get billed for time prior to your activation date.

hagbard72

Kingsville
reply to hagbard72
Thanks Rocca. Just thought of another thing. The Cogeco rep told me that they were going to physically remove the cable from our house on the 4th, didn't think of the implications at the time. I'm assuming if I'm already signed with you, they won't be doing that? Maybe she was trying to scare me?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
When you cancel just let them know you have tpia on the line and no one needs to come out, they should be able to see that and not have to dispatch a tech. Some people have put notes on their cable boxes too, while it can't hurt, generally it's not needed.

hagbard72

Kingsville
reply to hagbard72
Cancelled Cogeco yesterday. I'll call them to make sure they know I'm on Start once I'm connected.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
Excellent, welcome aboard.

hagbard72

Kingsville
reply to hagbard72
Thanks!