uniqs

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck to torobull123

to torobull123

Re: [DSL] Network congestion tonight?

in the thread I linked earlier, TSI has confirmed that St-Laurent POI seems to be over capacity (at peak time) and they have some extra capacity being added next week.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak

Premium Member

said by jmck:

in the thread I linked earlier, TSI has confirmed that St-Laurent POI seems to be over capacity (at peak time) and they have some extra capacity being added next week.

OP is on DSL

torobull123
join:2009-06-20

1 edit

torobull123

I can confirm again that Tuesday morning the speeds are smooth and running as should on speakeasy.net/speedtest and speedtest.net

There seems to be network congestion on TSI networks in the evenings, as I am running on DSL.... not cable. So no POI issues.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

I've been experiencing DSL congestion on VDSL for many months... unless its a multi-threaded test or download, i cant max it out during the evening hours...

torobull123
join:2009-06-20

torobull123

said by HiVolt:

I've been experiencing DSL congestion on VDSL for many months... unless its a multi-threaded test or download, i cant max it out during the evening hours...

Exactly.... speedtest.net is multi-threaded. Maxing out at times, but still struggling.

speakeasy.net is more accurate as it is single threaded and good indicator of network quality.