Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to nitzguy

Premium Member

to nitzguy

Re: New heir to the throne on the way

said by nitzguy:

My apologizes....I'm remembering old coins and she looked pretty hot for someone who I guess ascended to the throne when she was in her 40s herself?....Man she looked good back then for being 40!!

She looks great right now for being 86, too.

Her mother made it to 101. Her father would have lived a lot longer if not for smoking-related lung cancer and the stresses of a wartime throne that he didn't want to begin with. Elizabeth is in better health than her mother was at that age. She's going to be around for a while yet.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy

Premium Member

said by Gone:

said by nitzguy:

My apologizes....I'm remembering old coins and she looked pretty hot for someone who I guess ascended to the throne when she was in her 40s herself?....Man she looked good back then for being 40!!

She looks great right now for being 86, too.

Her mother made it to 101. Her father would have lived a lot longer if not for smoking-related lung cancer and the stresses of a wartime throne that he didn't want to begin with. Elizabeth is in better health than her mother was at that age. She's going to be around for a while yet.

Yes, definitely. They're closing a local mine in town (Frood Mine) and she had visited it back in the mid 50s when she came to Canada and there was a photo in the local newspaper showing her down in the mine looking at the goings on and whatnot and she just looked really really good then, and yeah I didn't realize she was 86, she's like Dick Clark before the stroke, keeps on truckin, and good for her...

She's the only monarchy I'd say the majority if not all of us here have ever really "known" of. There may be some older peoples here but they would have been little kids when the Queen was installed....sometimes I forget that 1952 was 60 years ago now....that's why my math was messed up...

But yes, hope for the best for perhaps the future queen/king of england.