join:2008-09-02
united state

When will carriers get that we don't want their bloatware

All it does is cost them money.

norbert26
Premium
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI
I had a droid razr however it was so choked with bloatware / buyware i returned it . Sorry i did not feel like bothering to root it .

clone

join:2000-12-11
Portage, IN
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
said by norbert26:

I had a droid razr however it was so choked with bloatware / buyware i returned it . Sorry i did not feel like bothering to root it .

I have a Droid RAZR MAXX HD (and have had a Droid RAZR, HTC Rezound, Droid X, and Galaxy S3), and while there are a bunch of preinstalled apps, I simply ignore them. None of them ever run in the background (unless I launch them, which I don't) so they don't slow the phone down in the least. With SD cards, you should never need the extra few megs of storage, so that argument is really moot.

Yeah, carrier bloatware sucks, and it's a complete waste of their money (on me at least) to install them, but it's not the end of the world everyone makes it out to be. Who goes into the app drawer all that often anyway? Anything I really ever need is on a home screen, and I'm sure not going to leave shortcuts to unused apps there, so I fail to see where all this outrage comes from.

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
the number of apps that allow you to move them to the SD card are very few. So it would be nice to be able to take off FB, YouTube, ThinkOffice, etc if you don't want them.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to Metatron2008
If you don't want bloatware, get an iPhone. Apple does put some bloatware on their phones but I actually find it useful. I use the calendar to track medical appointments and other important events. I also use the Apple Mail client and iCloud to sync my calendars with my other iOS devices and my MacBook Pro.

I also have the My Verizon app on my phone as well.

You never find carrier or other third party bloatware on iPhones. I had to install the My Verizon app to manage my account and to check data usage.

BTW: I just bought my iPhone 5 today in 32 GB black/slate flavor.

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1

2 recommendations

quote:
If you don't want bloatware, get an iPhone.

I'd rather give up smartphones altogether than downgrade myself to one of those things.

quote:
BTW: I just bought my iPhone 5 today in 32 GB black/slate flavor.
Sorry to hear that. But I guess you’re just doing your obligatory duty of telling the world you bought the latest inferior iToy, because that’s what all iSheep do. ‘OMG! OMG! O!M!G!!!!! I got the iPhone 5, I got the iPhone 5, I got the iPhone 5’
--
iPhone: 4” 1136 X 640 Display, 1.30 GHz Dual Core Processor, 1 GB RAM
MyPhone: 5” 1920 X 1080 Display, 1.50 GHz Quad Core Processor, 2 GB RAM
So tell me, why is exactly is the iPhone so great?
Droid Does What Jobs Won’t Let You Do.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
reply to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

If you don't want bloatware, get an iPhone.

Or a Nexus. I couldn't get used to my iPhone 4S, but I'm loving my loving my Galaxy Nexus.