join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to Eug

to Eug

Re: Seniors

said by Eug:

said by Quake110:

said by Eug:

If anything though, the ads I find kinda annoying are the Koodo ones. A bit juvenile, but some are also kinda just stupid in general.

That's EXACTLY the point of an ad. If you can remember it, then the company has succeeded.

Good point, but then again, all I remember is thinking Koodo's ads are frickin' stupid. I don't actually remember any details of any plans.

OTOH, I remember Apple's advertising for the iPad mini quite vividly even though I'm happy to stick with my Nexus 7.

You are missing the point.. the ADS are more to remember the name and perhaps get you into the store to get the details.. not to remember every detail in the ad.. MOST people will remember KOODO cause they are stupid, but will walk into their store because of brand awareness and remember that Mexican fighter in the ad. A ad with nothing but a talking head with nothing but info in BLAND form, will not be noticed or remembered. It's a fact, and proven over and over when companies play it too safe and do that. It doesn't work. SEX and ODD CRAZY sell.. always has, always will. Teksavvy's ads are the most professional I've seen from them and do get a lot attention. I watch people on the TTC on my way to work, and people actually do look at them.
They also seem to be getting brand awareness too, cause I've had them come up randomly by non-tech people in conversations.
Eug
join:2007-04-14
Canada

Eug

Ironic

Ironically, you totally missed my point. Some ads have had no talking at all, and no idiotic caricatures, yet were amongst the most effective.

34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by Eug:

Ironically, you totally missed my point. Some ads have had no talking at all, and no idiotic caricatures, yet were amongst the most effective.

[att=1]

Did you even read what koreyb said? What you posted is exactly what he was talking about.
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

1 edit

koreyb to Eug

to Eug
said by Eug:

[att=1]

Apple did this kind of thing AFTER they already had the brand awareness and they do use a SEXUAL approach with the ad you pictured. If everyone did this exact style of AD, it would become soo background white noise and wouldn't be effective.

This ad is for a product that at this point was already known based on looks and appearance. It's not going to make anyone RUSH out and by the product, nor will it make me or anyone pick this product over another, if I already didn't know about APPLE. Apple is quite a bit different than an ISP, as they have a monopoly on their products. There is only 1 IPOD. Mp3 players have millions of choices. Different approach for a different product and client.

If Teksavvy had a monoply, and was fully BRAND AWARE, this type of ad would work.. Right now, they need to stick out from the NOISE to get attention, which works via CRAZY/ODD or SEX approaches. The Teacher if that's all you would see, does make you look and wonder what it's about. Which from seeing people on the TTC in Toronto.. It works.

My point long ago is how some get all uptight about any suggestion of anything remotely sexual. I'm sure there are people who find the APPLE IPOD ad offensive. You can't please everyone. I just hope TSI doesn't get cold feet, because a few hyper-sensitive people complain. THE US, having so many "RELIGIOUS" people are not even this uptight.