uniqs

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to BobSagget

Premium Member

to BobSagget

Re: [Rant] New Laptop with Win8 - do not like!

said by BobSagget:

If you get a program to disable that metro start menu, I find Windows 8 to be excellent. To make a good OS and then go and ruin it by forcing everyone to use that stupid metro UI is mind boggling.

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft includes the start menu option in the future in a service pack update or something. Too many people dislike the change.

Not sure it disabling it is a good idea; it seems that some of the functions (configuration, settings, etc) are split between the old system and the new one. It is like they just gave up when they started to code it and left bits here and there - neither is completely whole or functional. Overall I found Sever 2012 to be much more user friendly and logical to operate.

It would be nice if they did, however MS seems to be avoiding issuing service packs, there is more money in "refreshing it" as a new product.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz

MVM

said by Thane_Bitter:

Not sure it disabling it is a good idea; it seems that some of the functions (configuration, settings, etc) are split between the old system and the new one. It is like they just gave up when they started to code it and left bits here and there - neither is completely whole or functional. Overall I found Sever 2012 to be much more user friendly and logical to operate.

It would be nice if they did, however MS seems to be avoiding issuing service packs, there is more money in "refreshing it" as a new product.

Start8 allows you to leave your right Windows key bound to the "Metro" start screen, or CTRL-Start. Either one lets you still get into Metro in a pinch.