spc
Search similar:

uniqs
averagecdn
join:2005-03-14
Windsor, ON

averagecdn

FYI - CANT PAY BILLS IN STORE STARTING JANUARY

Just found out yesterday that you can no longer pay for bills in store beginning next year.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Doesn't surprise me. Most companies eliminated that option years ago.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to averagecdn

Premium Member

to averagecdn
Wow, flash back to waiting in a long line at the Cogeco (or what was it before?) on McLeod rd. to pay a bill... but then I was equally struck by a deeper memory waiting in line to pay a hydro bill, possibly at the same place.

I completely forgot we used to pay bills in person before the internet.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by urbanriot:

Wow, flash back to waiting in a long line at the Cogeco (or what was it before?) on McLeod rd. to pay a bill... but then I was equally struck by a deeper memory waiting in line to pay a hydro bill, possibly at the same place.

Or by mail, but yeah. I remember my parents used to load us into the car and head downtown to drop the hydro, gas and telephone cheques into the drop-boxes at the offices. Come up Church Street to hit hydro, then to the other end for gas (what is now a condemned building), then swing around back to King Street for telephone. Maclean-Hunter was on Wright Street near the Service Road, but we didn't have cable for much of the time I was a kid.

And for some reason, I want to say it was Consumers Gas on McLeod Road, not the hydro company, but that was so long ago.
averagecdn
Windsor, ON

averagecdn

I remember the same thing when I was a kid... everyone loading into the car and going to drop off cheques in the drop boxes for the bills.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

If I was lucky, my Dad would let me drop the bill into the slot

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium Member
join:2011-07-11

Cogeco_Aaron

Premium Member

said by Gone:

If I was lucky, my Dad would let me drop the bill into the slot

It really was the small little things when we were children, wasn't it? I remember being super excited when we went to a McDonald's with a ball pit Off topic, but whatever
averagecdn
Windsor, ON

averagecdn

Yeah kids today have no understanding of a simpler life without blackberries and cell phones and video games. You used to go outside and play from the time the sun came up until it went down.

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium Member

Cogeco_Aaron

Premium Member

Yeah, the heat never used to bother me as a child. We'd go outside in the morning and not come home until our mother whistled for dinner time.

bell tech1
@bellmobilite.ca

bell tech1

Anon

yeah when i was growing up apple and blackberries were fruits you'd eat
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to urbanriot

to urbanriot
said by urbanriot:

I pay all my bills in person at the bank to this day. If they won't let me then I switch service provider or goods providers as the case may be.

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium Member

Cogeco_Aaron

Premium Member

said by peterboro:

I pay all my bills in person at the bank to this day. If they won't let me then I switch service provider or goods providers as the case may be.

I don't think they'll ever take away the ability to pay bills through the bank. At least until banks no longer exist and everything is done via the internet.
averagecdn
Windsor, ON

averagecdn to Cogeco_Aaron

to Cogeco_Aaron
said by Cogeco_Aaron:

Yeah, the heat never used to bother me as a child. We'd go outside in the morning and not come home until our mother whistled for dinner time.

I remember playing hockey and in the snow in the freezing cold and never complaining about it

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade to urbanriot

to urbanriot
said by urbanriot:

It was Maclean-Hunter, then Rogers, then Cogeco. The red paint was still on the sign outside until very recently.
Expand your moderator at work