shrug

@videotron.ca
reply to Mike_C

Re: [BC] TELUS High Speed Turbo 25 Usage being reduced 50%

said by Mike_C:

said by Shrug :

Indeed true. If anyone is indeed in a contract they can:
A) cancel w/o any terminations fee's and go else-where
B) Demand Telus honour their contract. And they have to, jusy like Bell had to when they pulled this.

If you are not in a contract, and if you complain to the CCTS and/or CRTC you should be able to stay month-to-month on a "grandfathered plan" just like Bell had to. Would be better if a bunch of you got together and filed as a group. Both the CRTC and the CCTS allows this.

For your points A and B: Cancel without fees? Honor contract? Most people don't read the TOS for their ISP and just agree when signing up. Telus does not have anything in there that guarantees bandwidth allocations will not change. Just like they don't have anything in there guaranteeing the price will not change.

Internet is not regulated by the CRTC. Any complaints to the CRTC will get no attention unless for speed throttling specifically as their complain page states. Their page also points users with internet complaints other than throttling to where they can file a complaint if their provider refuses to do anything:

»www.ccts-cprst.ca/complaints/ser···roviders

That website is also the one Telus lists on the page outlining the changes to the bandwidth @ »telus.com/content/home-phone/notices.jsp

Wow someone is arguing with me.

I'll let you do a search for "material change" in service.

Halving B/W *is* a material change in service.

Increasing cost *is* a "material change" in service.

You may want to look up what a "material change" in service is. When we pointed this out to the CRTC, Bell lost.

But hey, feel free to argue that Telus is the almighty authority.

Seems to me this scares you as it's about 700+$ per complaint per individual.

I wonder why this would scare you?

*shrug*

bbbc

join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica
kudos:2
Reviews:
·FreedomPop
reply to Foggy

Mike, a few remarks. It's rich stating people don't read their service's TOS. You know no one reads any of them, whether it's for Telus broadband or a 99¢ iOS App Store purchase. As you can probably agree with me, the TOS is always in favor of the corporations, not consumers.

Well, Internet is regulated, otherwise the wholesalers wouldn't be around. As you said, the duopolies have been dealt with in regards to their throttling crap and lack of transparency when they implemented it.

I find it humorous how the Telus pep squad is coming out, again like they did with UBB, and come off as deniers. You guys should get into denying global warming. Before, the song and dance was that even though Telus backed Bell's UBB desires, they would never enforce caps because of the marketplace. Now Telus releases a little 50% off Xmas present (and not the good kind) and the same crew is saying even though Telus has published their intent, they aren't going to enforce things. What are you guys smoking?

As far as whining, I guess people who are ticked should just keep it to themselves. Get real.

--
Consumerist.com | Consumers Union

South_of_22

join:2009-03-23

1 edit

Ikarasu

join:2004-01-09
Port Coquitlam, BC
reply to Kruisey

I'm not on Teksavvy, As mentioned before... don't you remember? I'm on Telus internet + TV for $30 a month!

Kruisey

join:2006-12-30
Vancouver, BC

I wonder why you took your Telsavvy review away from under your name then on left hand side of this column?
I also wonder if Telsavvy will be giving you this rate when you switch in February?

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC
reply to Foggy

»www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t1003.htm

ikacell

@wind.ca
reply to Kruisey

said by Kruisey:

I wonder why you took your Telsavvy review away from under your name then on left hand side of this column?
I also wonder if Telsavvy will be giving you this rate when you switch in February?

I didn't take it away. Sometimes it shows... Sometimes it doesn't. Look at the review date... Its probably 2-3 years old.

And no, teksavvy wont give me this price. What they give me is better - unlimited internet, and peace of mind. Don't get me wrong - I'm not switching right now. Telus for all purposes, is unlimited. As soon as they're not... I'll be canceling.

What most people aren't realizing... Is once ubb comes out from Telus.... You'll be paging triple what you pay now, to get the sake service. Telus charges what... $2 per GB? So that's an extra $100 just to get the missing 50gb
(I'm on my phone - so prices aren't accurate. I remember it being $2?.. But it might be less, or more)

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC

What ridiculous nonsense.

bluenote73

join:2009-02-17
V4N6A5
reply to Foggy

So is it really possible to cancel your contract without paying the fee right now? Because I'd like out , and these slimey bloodsuckers deserve it for being worse than lawyers and insurance executives. Sure, sign a contract. Then we raise your price, then we halve the service we are giving you. Well how about I decide Im only going to pay half the fee. Oh, that's absurd right? Yeah, it is.

Ikarasu

Port Coquitlam, BC

said by bluenote73:

So is it really possible to cancel your contract without paying the fee right now? Because I'd like out , and these slimey bloodsuckers deserve it for being worse than lawyers and insurance executives. Sure, sign a contract. Then we raise your price, then we halve the service we are giving you. Well how about I decide Im only going to pay half the fee. Oh, that's absurd right? Yeah, it is.

Yes - You MAY have to wait until the price increase, but since they officially announced it, you probably dont have to.

Call in - Say you're not happy with them cutting your bandwidth in half, and thats a breach of the contract, and you'd like to cancel without the ETF. the CSR will likelly try to get you to stay / transfer you to a manager... Sometimes you'll get a rep who knows the rules, sometimes not... But if you keep arguing / point out they altered the contract, They should let you out of it. Threaten to contact BBB / CRTC if they refuse. But they shouldn't .

ikacell

@telus.net
reply to Kruisey

said by Kruisey:

I didn't take it away. Sometimes it shows... Sometimes it doesn't. Look at the review date... Its probably 2-3 years old.

And no, teksavvy wont give me this price. What they give me is better - unlimited internet, and peace of mind. Don't get me wrong - I'm not switching right now. Telus for all purposes, is unlimited. As soon as they're not... I'll be canceling.

What most people aren't realizing... Is once ubb comes out from Telus.... You'll be paging triple what you pay now, to get the sake service. Telus charges what... $2 per GB? So that's an extra $100 just to get the missing 50gb
(I'm on my phone - so prices aren't accurate. I remember it being $2?.. But it might be less, or more)

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC

1 edit

All this talk when the only folks who REALLY need to worry about UBB are those heavy users of the internet.
I suppose that means those of you that are making the complaining on this thread.
The majority of us don't need to worry at all.

bbbc

NorthAmerica
Reviews:
·FreedomPop

said by Kruisey :

All this talk when the only folks who REALLY need to worry about UBB are those heavy users of the internet.

You kill me. You expect people to be thrilled to pay more and get 50% less of a product? Dude, what are you smoking, really help me grasp where you are coming from?

I'm guessing you hate unions too, like Consumers Union.

--
Expand your moderator at work

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC

I am not a troll you are just angry because I speak the truth.

jtl999
CEO of Actiontec Dev Team

join:2012-11-24
In the GVRD
kudos:4

Define this "truth" you speak of.

bbbc

NorthAmerica
reply to Foggy

Kruisey, you're a trip bud. Defending the indefensible.

--

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC

I am so sorry you are upset.
Blame the over loaders for this action from Telus.

bbbc

NorthAmerica
Reviews:
·FreedomPop
reply to Foggy

Kruisey, in case you haven't figured it out, I'm not a customer of Telus. I actually canceled their IPTV service because of some of Telus' employees (and trolls) on this forum during the whole UBB fiasco. Kudos though to JammerMan79 and I forget the name of one of their retired employees, who have been cordial and/or helped me out.

I do get into consumer rights, which corporations like Telus could give a rat's ass about.

--

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC

In 2012 Telus program and its participants donated $6.8 million dollars to 2800 Canadian Registered Charities.

Ikarasu

Port Coquitlam, BC

said by Kruisey:

In 2012 Telus program and its participants donated $6.8 million dollars to 2800 Canadian Registered Charities.

TELUS is a leading national telecommunications
company in Canada, with $10.4 billion of annual revenue

I'm glad they donated 6.8 million. But it doesn't make them a saint. They earn more than that gouging their customers with their $2 price increases every few months.

Anyways - I agree with others. You seem to be arguing for the sake of arguing, so I'm going to put a stop to it on my end. You can bait all you want, but don't expect another reply from me, it isn't worth my time or effort.

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC
reply to Ikarasu

Thank goodness you have seen sense at last

roach9

join:2005-04-10
Surrey, BC

Having read the past couple of pages.. kruisey, either you have some sort of stake involved, or you're completely misinformed.

Some people are so blinded by their preconceived notions they can't discern reality from fiction. I feel like going all Chomsky on you, but I'll withhold.

I can't grasp the notion of these ISPs continually limiting the usage (I understand it economically, but I do not understand how they can even begin to justify it, technologically).

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC
reply to roach9

Its quite logical the money is not made on the internet but on TV packages .This true for Rogers ,Shaw and Bell as well as Telus.
These Companies loose revenue when folks illegally load up movies instead of the TV.
The quality of the picture on HD TV is far superior than on ones laptop or smartphone by the way.
It appears that it is those few in society that want something for nothing that make the rest of pay for it in the.........

ruiner

join:2012-03-10
Canada

So please oh wise one, tell me how Telus managed to stay in business all of these years without a TV offering if that's where all of their income comes from?

Lets see what brilliant insult you come up with this time since you will have no response for this.

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC

You give me the impression you are very angry.
Sorry you are upset.
Truth does hurt does'nt it?

ruiner

join:2012-03-10
Canada

At least come up with some new material.

Bauwoo

join:2003-12-07
Reviews:
·TELUS
·Shaw

1 edit
reply to Kruisey

So an compressed HD broadcast has higher quality than a 50GB Blu-ray disc you say? Research before you flap that jack of yours. HD TV's have a maximum of 1080p resolution and limited colour reproduction compared to such screens as MacBook Pros and iPads with the retina display. Both have higher higher resolutions and display more colours than the RGB standard. Plus regular computer monitors can out perform HD TV's as well. Downloading is way better in quality terms than any broadcast signal.