Search similar:

uniqs
ruiner3
join:2012-03-10
Canada

ruiner3 to Bauwoo

to Bauwoo

Re: [BC] TELUS High Speed Turbo 25 Usage being reduced 50%

Speaking of researching before spouting non-sense, an uncompressed 24 fps 1080p video stream would require ~750 GB for 90 minutes.

Most decent LCD TV's also have better colour accuracy than computer monitors, and even those can't touch the colour accuracy you get from a good plasma. Bright, shiny and over processed does not equal accurate.

Do It
@videotron.ca

Do It

Anon

Anyhow, Kruisey's rhetoric aside, I think anyone at all affected by this should file with the CCTS. It's absolutely free for you. You just have to write up the complaint.

Also, I do believe someone from the CCTS just recently joined this forum. Maybe you can MSG him (»/pr ··· /1851090), but I think he will just tell you to file this and see what comes of it. It's free.

Also be sure to state that this is a material change in service, which it is.
Kruisey
join:2006-12-30
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

The CCTS states in their rulings that Companies are allowed to take action when a system is abused by folks that load up illegal movies.
As I mentioned earlier those of you that expect something for nothing affect everyone.
I imagine those that are complaining on this site are those that overload.
For many of us this reduced usage will not affect us at all.
Expand your moderator at work
WackyGaru
join:2009-02-10
Grande Prairie, AB

WackyGaru to Kruisey

to Kruisey

What is illegal about netflicks?
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

There is nothing wrong with Netflix but even that increases usage to excessive amounts.
Maybe it would be fairer if those heavy users are charged more.
I think this is why Telus is reducing usage allowed.Most folks will not exceed these reduced amounts.The heavy users will pay.
That is the only logical explanation for these usage deductions.
The CRTC allow this in their rulings.
Arthur Dent
join:2011-01-27
Calgary, AB

1 recommendation

Arthur Dent

Kruisey, please stop spreading the lie that Telus (or any other big Canadian internet provider) has a problem with traffic. As it has been proven here in this thread and elsewhere, Telus has absolutely no problem with traffic, it doesn't have to "penalize" excessive users of traffic or impose any bandwidth restrictions. They do it to monetize their duopoly position of old style cable TV package seller and stifle legitimate competition from the likes of Netflix by anti-competitive means.

Bauwoo
join:2003-12-07

Bauwoo to ruiner3

to ruiner3

Monitors can be calibrated better with pro tools. Plus HDTV's are too big, which cause more issues on screen uniformity and an even response from the center and edges of the display. The Retina Display has better display accuracy than professional medical displays which is why doctors are adapting to them more. Same goes for any other profession with display, they all go for monitor. I'd take Display Mates numbers over your eyes any day.
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey to Arthur Dent

to Arthur Dent
Where would your salary come from if you were in the TV and Film industry and all folks for $30 to $75 per month had access to all TV and movies on line .Its not only the actors its camera men and many more.Then materials and such to make the films.Then the Telus employees whether Management or Union.Nothing is free?Or do you think so?
Can you suggest a way people could earn a living wage if people just used the web with huge loads.?
Where would they get the funds to even produce the shows and movies ?
bluenote73
join:2009-02-17
Canada

bluenote73 to Foggy

to Foggy

First of all, we're not discussing display technology so please take that elsewhere.

To the original topic:

I spent 2 hours on the phone with 3 reps at Telus discussing my displeasure with their 50% change in caps. I was offered a few things, but nothing commensurate with the change.

They refused to waive all cancellation charges. They refused to grandfather me.

I have filed with CCTS this morning.

Bauwoo

Bauwoo to Anon

to Anon
Most new monitors are IPS now a days. Like I said, you're talking out of your ass. 2005 or 2012, the science is all the same. DisplayMate has the numbers and you got what, a mouth? The previous poster is right, I'm done arguing with a fanboy.
ruiner3
Canada

ruiner3

Affordable?
»www.techradar.com/news/t ··· -1082273

And yeah Bluenote, Telus' reps state that a 50% reduction in the cap isn't a change to the service? What?

They also say they don't enforce anyhow unless you're way over. Well what's the point in changing the limit then? Doesn't make sense unless they're planning on changing that. Its like they're playing chicken with Shaw, seeing who will have the balls to enforce first so the other one can follow suit.
ruiner3

2 edits

ruiner3 to Bauwoo

to Bauwoo
said by Bauwoo:

Most new monitors are IPS now a days. Like I said, you're talking out of your ass. 2005 or 2012, the science is all the same. DisplayMate has the numbers and you got what, a mouth? The previous poster is right, I'm done arguing like a fanboy.

Fixed it for you. The science is the same? They stop refining tech once it is released? Really? For example, Panasonic's newer lines' black levels are measured at 0.009 cd/m2 which is just slightly better than the display on the MacBook Pro at 0.38 cd/m2.

Please show me the sales numbers on all of the IPS monitors. You do realize Apple is only 10% of the market don't you?

Bauwoo

Bauwoo

ROFL still sticking with that logic where sales matter. Okay, I'll do the same, »www.amazon.com/Best-Sell ··· 66092011.

Damn, don't see a Plasma in there. What's your excuse now? Sales mean nothing in your argument and I'm still winning using your sources. LOL
ruiner3
Canada

ruiner3

You mean like this?
»www.tomshardware.com/rev ··· 131.html

Yeah, most of those are IPS. Got any more insults?