how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Anon12

@telus.net
reply to SB783

Re: [BC] TELUS High Speed Turbo 25 Usage being reduced 50%

So will I but pfak as far as i know does not work for telus, and was just speculating. I also dont recall him saying its coming in fall in this thread?

As for why they would lower the caps, is this still happening, last i seen in this thread the note to lower the caps was missing.

Ikarasu

join:2004-01-09
Port Coquitlam, BC
If pfak says it'll happen... I'm sure one of his Telus friends who's in the know has told him. So don't expect him to cite a source....

Theres no reason they would lower caps, and then not enforce them. I do however doubt they'll charge the expensive rates they have listed now - I presume they'll follow in bells steps, like they do for Cells - Offer an unlimited plan for premium, and sell block accounts for those who don't "Need" premium.

On a different note.

Shaws 25M comes with 250 Gb... No wonder Telus is lowering it.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not waiting to see if they'll enforce it, when they likely will. I'm going to try to get out of my yearly contract.

StarBuck

join:2011-01-16
Port Coquitlam, BC
reply to Anon12
Anon12,
while pfak didn't post that info in this thread, he did here: »[BC] 80% of my current usage for an extra $13/month?

Pfak has been a reliable source of accurate info for years, I have no reason to begin doubting him now.

I guess , in the fall, we'll see if he's correct.

Kruisey

join:2006-12-30
Vancouver, BC

2 edits
Have been seriously thinking about this theme.
The TV is a the money maker and the moment Internet is due to the fact its being used as a TV for viewing.
Would folks that use just internet be willing to pay more just for that to get unlimited use say $95 per month?

I don't know how that' not due' got into my thread gremlins at work now corrected

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC
When I sign in my correction in above shows' due to'.
When I sign out a 'not due' is there in the post.
"it should read 'Due to the Fact that TV '
Have edited it twice.

fatguy

join:2006-07-21
Edmonton, AB
reply to Kruisey
.....the business side has unlimited 25/5 for ~85 a month, just for the sake of comparison & that includes your choice of primary hardware (combo dsl modem/router or pure dsl modem) and a preconfigured 4G modem as backup. I would pay that.

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC
Then if that was available to the home subscriber also it would solve this problem.

Exand

join:2001-10-28
Canada
reply to Foggy
So called again to ask some questions, and I was told Optik Highspeed's cap was being halved but the Optik Highspeed Turbo cap is only going from 500gb to 400gb? Which is different from what I was told previously as a different rep confirmed when I asked if the caps were being halved.

Going to be interesting to see what the website update says as every time I've talked to a support rep they conclude by pointing out the "the website will be updated on Feb 1 with the new caps".

fatguy

join:2006-07-21
Edmonton, AB
The 50 Mb/s line is adding an extra level of service that didn't exist before....so technically the max bandwidth goes from 500GB to 400GB and all other speed levels below are half of what their prior caps were, so 25Mb/s goes to 250GB and etc etc....

Exand

Canada
^
I specifically asked if he was talking about 50 and not 25 and he clarified it was 25. I assume he was confused / had only half the info like the previous rep did but who knows.

With how scattered the info is there are going to be some upset people who recently signed up / renewed with Telus when their cap isn't what they thought it was going to be.

DanteX

join:2010-09-09
kudos:1
reply to Foggy
If Telus is going to cut my allotment in half then i expect a discount on my bill or a free pass to exit my contract. Im not an average user and use the internet for more then just cat photos and facebook.

This is the 21st century and refuse to accept the fact because only 10 percent of people use that max 500gb a month or more allotment. what are we chopped liver?

Guess I am in line for a massive bill of overages.

Goodbye Telus hello Teksavvy

DanteX

reply to Foggy
Looks like tv and internet prices will be going up too

»telus.com/content/help/customer-···ndex.jsp

Wow what is with the constant increases and where does Telus expect us to keep coming up with this extra cash?

WhosTheBosch

join:2009-12-02
said by DanteX:

Wow what is with the constant increases and where does Telus expect us to keep coming up with this extra cash?

Is it just me or does this happen every 6 months? Could someone please tell me what the Internet prices are increasing to? I only got my January bill a week ago so I won't be able to tell till the end of fucking February!

DanteX

What I want to know is how they can justify rolling back services yet raising the rates for those services.

Is Telus in trouble with loansharks?

pfak
Premium
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC
reply to DanteX
said by DanteX:

Wow! With these increases, I will be paying an estimated $85/mo (with tax) for basic TV and Internet.
--
The more I C, the less I see.

tallguy11

join:2002-02-08
Edmonton, AB
just call in and threaten to cancel.. they will put a credit on your account.. always works for me!!

Exand

Canada
reply to DanteX
said by DanteX:

I'm speechless. Reduce caps and bump prices up yet again?

bluenote73

join:2009-02-17
V4N6A5
reply to Foggy
I suggest concerned users email the people at openmedia, referencing the data cap 50% reduction and now price increase.

Anyone involved with the CCTS on this speak up as I would like to collaborate and share our experiences privately.

Ikarasu

join:2004-01-09
Port Coquitlam, BC
reply to Foggy
Complaining isn't going to work. At best they'll credit your account the price difference, and keep charging the 99% of other people who arent on DSlreports / complain.

The only way to show Telus, is to hit them where it hurts, there pockets. I don't see how it's legal to keep raising prices, unless they let people out of their contract.

Call in, cite both the price increase, and bandwidth increase, as a reason to cut the cord. Hit them where it hurts... their wallet.

bucko2012

@sasknet.sk.ca
i know it works, i know it bit off but i'm with sasktel and i phoned to threatened to cancel my max and inet and they gave hd and dtvr free for a year. It helps doesn't it.

bucko2012

@sasknet.sk.ca
reply to Exand
move to Sask, exand, you never have a problem like that with sasktel, no caps and no increases.

xtachx

join:2005-11-19
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to bbbc

Re: UBB 2.0

said by bbbc:

said by slidebite :

So, how is teksavvy for phone and internet service anyhow?

I don't know if TekSavvy's VoIP product is available in AB or BC. I think the price is a bit spendy. I suggest you look into VoIP.ms (port your current number) and use an Obihai OBi202 ATA to hook up to your existing phones.

There is a problem with this. The home security system does not work on the voip.ms system with an obihai router. I have tried it for a month with help from voip.ms staff (great people btw! really supportive and awesome!), but we couldnt get it working.
--
Bell Canada: It is “Preposterous" that consumers should get content they want on their cellphones.

a9

join:2005-04-10
reply to Foggy

Re: [BC] TELUS High Speed Turbo 25 Usage being reduced 50%

Personally, I still can't see my usage online.

Can anyone see their stats yet? Surely they can't start charging overages until they provide us customers with an adequate way of monitoring our usage... right?!

Phil89

join:2012-11-16
Usage can be seen if you view your PDF bill. Haven't seen it anywhere else yet...

bimmerdriver

join:2010-12-10
Coquitlam, BC
You can only see it after the fact on your bill.

WhosTheBosch

join:2009-12-02
reply to Foggy
I haven't had it in my bills since October.

On another note, Telus is acting like deceptive scammers and STILL advertising the old bandwidth limits:

»www.telus.com/content/internet/high-speed/

CCTSrules

@terago.net
I would HIGHLY suggest you file a complaint with the CCTS

»www.ccts-cprst.ca/

I did when this first came out, it looks like they are siding with the customers.