All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade to Gone

to Gone

Re: [Rant] New Laptop with Win8 - do not like!

said by Gone:

Bring Your Own Device

not that part

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

said by Last Parade:

said by Gone:

Bring Your Own Device

not that part

Standard documents used in larger corporations for things like emergency procedures, storage procedures, 'what to do when this button lights up' procedures, production reports, injury reports, 'things are okay' reports, etc. The copious amounts of paperwork to either read or write when you find yourself in a large manufacturing plant.

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

said by urbanriot:

said by Last Parade:

said by Gone:

Bring Your Own Device

not that part

Standard documents used in larger corporations for things like emergency procedures, storage procedures, 'what to do when this button lights up' procedures, production reports, injury reports, 'things are okay' reports, etc. The copious amounts of paperwork to either read or write when you find yourself in a large manufacturing plant.

You said you "need" a backlash against BYOD. Please explain why you require that.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

said by Last Parade:

You said you "need" a backlash against BYOD. Please explain why you require that.

LOL my English is as bad as yours. I sometimes have a weird form of word dyslexia where I write a word that doesn't belong anywhere in what I'm writing and 'need' should have been 'seen' and prefaced with 'I've', as in I've been seeing a backlash lately, against BYOD.

Or the other path with companies like Cisco putting out emails concerning the necessity to lock down employee owned devices connecting to the network.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

I knew exactly what you meant despite the awkward wording. The issues with BYOD have been brewing for a while now.