Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to achalupka

Premium Member

to achalupka

Re: Bell won't let TSI port my number?

Port the number to voip.ms or Wind for a bit
Then port it to TSI

Just make sure that's possible with all the parties involved.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

said by MaynardKrebs:

Then port it to TSI

Or, just port it to voip.ms and leave it there. Buy beer with the money saved.

I don't see why users need to do a hop skip and jump around TSI's agreement with Bell. No offense, and sorry but, fuck 'em.

Mike
decx
Premium Member
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC

decx to MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

Then port it to TSI

IIRC the problem remains regardless of whether the number is a transfer from Bell or a port in from another provider if the phone number itself has a NXX originally assigned to Bell.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Shouldn't matter The numbers belong to us the customers not to The Incumbents or phone providers.. we should be allowed to port em how and where we want to.
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7

said by morisato:

Shouldn't matter The numbers belong to us the customers not to The Incumbents or phone providers.. we should be allowed to port em how and where we want to.

I don't think the numbers belong to the customer...

Anyway, the problem is between Teksavvy and Bell... nothing else here.

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r

said by kovy7:

said by morisato:

As of a few years back, they technically do and that is why it is much easier (minus this example) to port numbers between carriers than it was even 5-6 years ago.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to dillyhammer

Premium Member

to dillyhammer
said by dillyhammer:

said by MaynardKrebs:

Then port it to TSI

Or, just port it to voip.ms and leave it there. Buy beer with the money saved.

I don't see why users need to do a hop skip and jump around TSI's agreement with Bell. No offense, and sorry but, fuck 'em.

Mike

Nothing to say sorry about, end of the day it's true... voip.ms is great, i use voipdiscount.com $10 get's me unlimited for 120 days and then takes from the $10 i deposited. Each year i pay about $20.

Another good option i'm amazed many do not choose is freephoneline.ca or .com forget which.

Free #, $50 up front for an ATA setup and you never pay again unless you need to call specific areas.

Sorry TSI, end of day POTS is bell and i honestly wish you guys would just drop them from POTS line at least. You'd make them too happy if you dumped them altogether, so let's not do that
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to d4m1r

to d4m1r
said by d4m1r:

said by kovy7:

said by morisato:

As of a few years back, they technically do and that is why it is much easier (minus this example) to port numbers between carriers than it was even 5-6 years ago.

Not technically... more like practically... since you don't really own that number, it just fells that way.