opus74
Deep Thought
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Coello, IL

opus74

Premium Member

[Help] 7.2.9 Install Issues

Brand new self-built AMD 6-core Opteron (Zambezi) machine. 8G memory running XP3. Have installed, cleaned, deleted, re-installed, and all I get is an error box that says the "application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling may fix the problem"

Well it didn't. Install is not rocket science.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Pin
Premium Member
join:2002-06-19
The Dungeon

Pin

Premium Member

That error usually means that the v7 client xml file is incorrect. Did you make any changes to the config.xml file? Also, is this windows or linux?

There is a sample-config.xml file that you can use to get it running ( that comes with the default install )if you can't determine what is wrong in the config.xml.

If you didn't make any changes to the xml file, then maybe you could post your config.xml file for review.

I think I have seen similar issues on the "boards" where using the install for this user only instead of install for all users caused similar problems.

opus74
Deep Thought
Premium Member
Coello, IL

opus74

Premium Member

I didn't make any changes. Just installed it and tried to run it. I'll post the file when I get home. Thanks!
opus74

opus74

Premium Member

Here's the config file:
I have purposely altered the passkey value. And removed opening html brackets.

- config>
- !--
Created by Installer
-->
user v="opus74" />
team v="4" />
passkey v="a4679708d8360etc" />
gpu v="true" />
smp v="true" />
/config>

Pin
Premium Member
The Dungeon

1 recommendation

Pin to opus74

Premium Member

to opus74
So I don't see any slots configured. It's like the client can't reach the config.xml file ( permissions ).

Windows or Linux?
If Windows, did you select the install option for "all users"?

opus74
Deep Thought
Premium Member
Coello, IL

opus74

Premium Member

Win XPSP3. All users.

Pin
Premium Member
The Dungeon

1 edit

2 recommendations

Pin to opus74

Premium Member

to opus74
Since you mentioned "new" and "XP", it looks like a nice clean XP install does not immediately support FAH v7.x.x.

You will need to do some patching.

FAHControl needs Microsoft .NET 2.0 or newer. XP did not include the .NET Framework.
»www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ··· ?id=1639

Also, v7 needs the 2008 C++ redistributable package ( not included in a clean install of XP ):
»www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ··· px?id=29

[edit]
It looks like you will need to do an uninstall and reinstall either before or after the above 2 steps.

See if this gets you going on your new build and new XP install.

If it comes up ( after the above ), but won't connect or download. You will need to look at your network connection and tell it to prefer IPv4 instead of IPv6.

opus74
Deep Thought
Premium Member
Coello, IL

opus74

Premium Member

Since it was a new load, I decided to kill a few hours on a Saturday with a re-format, windows reload; a fresh start.

FAH works fine now.

Thanks for all the help Pin. Appreciate it.

Pin
Premium Member
The Dungeon

1 recommendation

Pin

Premium Member

Glad to see that you got it Folding, opus74 See Profile