Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

4 edits
reply to DrStrangLov

Re: [Exede] Port forwarding?

said by DrStrangLov:

said by Gunn:

I can have a method to access my home network from anywhere someday.

Sidebar - I found this tidbit interesting:

How can I view a device (like an IP camera) on my AyrMesh Network from the Internet?

There is no way to do this with any router except the AyrMesh Routers.

Any router can port forward. That company sounds very misleading. Significantly higher priced than their competitors. The Wi-Fi Hub costs $325 for something similar from Ubiquiti that costs a fraction of the amount and it is not a hub.

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28
kudos:1

said by silbaco:

That company sounds like a complete scam.

I suspect that comment was in regards to a full AyrMesh setup (router + Hubs). Company spokesperson has indicated that Hub units are "tweaked to deliver longer distances (with lower bandwidth)..."

Actual Hub they are using a a modified PicoStation2: »www.ubnt.com/picostation which can be bought for less than $100.00, and it can be programmed via Linux SDK.

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

said by DrStrangLov:

I suspect that comment was in regards to a full AyrMesh setup (router + Hubs). Company spokesperson has indicated that Hub units are "tweaked to deliver longer distances (with lower bandwidth)..."

Actual Hub they are using a a modified PicoStation2: »www.ubnt.com/picostation which can be bought for less than $100.00, and it can be programmed via Linux SDK.

Perhaps my initial opinion was a little harsh. I have no doubt that their products perform as advertised. But the price they want for them is unreal. I sure hope they give a person good service for that cost. That would maybe make up for the cost.