All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc

Re: Blog: Recent Developments in Canadian Copyright Law

1) Props to TSI for sending out an email to everyone, and one in plain english so everyone understands TSI's position and knows their rights.

2) Another props to TSI for taking the stance they have (privacy over corporate interests) and yet again reminding me of why I recommend TSI over Rogers/Bell/etc every time

3) Everyone please keep in mind bittorrent is merely a neutral technology, and a perfectly legal and useful one at that. It saves distribution and bandwidth costs and can even be used to legally download "backup" copies of media you already own. +1 for BT!

I hope TSI's stance doesn't change in the future and while the big 3 might not value my privacy, I certainly do and I'm glad TSI does as well.

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan
join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.

AkFubar

said by d4m1r:

1) Props to TSI for sending out an email to everyone, and one in plain english so everyone understands TSI's position and knows their rights.

2) Another props to TSI for taking the stance they have (privacy over corporate interests) and yet again reminding me of why I recommend TSI over Rogers/Bell/etc every time

3) Everyone please keep in mind bittorrent is merely a neutral technology, and a perfectly legal and useful one at that. It saves distribution and bandwidth costs and can even be used to legally download "backup" copies of media you already own. +1 for BT!

I hope TSI's stance doesn't change in the future and while the big 3 might not value my privacy, I certainly do and I'm glad TSI does as well.

+1!

eh wut
@videotron.ca

eh wut to d4m1r

Anon

to d4m1r
said by d4m1r:

What hat did you pull that out of?
No where do they state they will go to court and fight anyone to protect your privacy before handing off your info on court order.

Care to paste it? I must have missed it.