share rss forum feed

pioneer56

join:2008-03-21
Michigan
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to FASmith

Re: Verizon dropping Alltel (unlimited data) customers

They want you off the Alltel device, and if you don't switch to a vz one either at full price and no plan change or buy getting a used one from someplace like ebay, they will change the plan on you. I don't believe that they are dropping your plan otherwise. You just have to make sure you are on a Verizon device by doing an esn swap. I may be wrong, but I think you were misinformed by the rep.

kevnich24

join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL

Why not? If their no longer under contract, terms can be changed at any time. I also think eventually they will get unlimited smartphone users switched to capped as well. Just a matter of time.

I dont think they're worried about bad PR considering they did enough damage simply coming out with the share anything plans and practically forcing customers to switch to them. ATT atleast is giving their customers a wider choice of plans, and can keep their existing AND upgrade their phones.

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath

Generally those contracts are required to be honored until the customer changes.

I know people that are still on the $45 ALL UNLIMITED with VZW that they issued in 2000/2001 for Christmas. The promo was only out for 2 months. The only thing that the customers do is pay full price for the device. VZ has been ordered they can not change the contract due to no new contract has been given to them.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3

I think they can (and eventually will) remove unlimited data from people. If you're out of a contract, you can leave with no ETF. If you're still in a contract, they are then breaching said contract and again you can leave with no ETF. But I'm no lawyer...
--
"I drank what?" -Socrates

FASmith

join:2012-12-03

I apologize for the confusion, I today received mail detailing that I can in fact keep the service plan active with a new device.

During the phone call this is not what was said, and the salesperson was trying to get me to sign a new capped contract.

Now I'm guessing the answer to this is no, but I have heard Verizon allows grandfathered unlimited phone accounts to move to LTE if you pay full retail for the handset, has anyone heard of or had success doing this with a mobile broadband account?