share rss forum feed

Iamien

join:2006-04-09
Elkhart, IN

1 edit

[Speed]Getting far less than 25mbit with SB6121

Modem Signal information: »i.imgur.com/Fpk37.jpg

Location is Elkhart, Indiana

Had 12mbit at my previous location less than 3 minutes away(I always received my maximum promised speed).

Moved into new apartment and after two weeks of logistics hell getting a new line ran in apartment complex, I now have internet service.

Only one problem, It is slower that my old service despite being on a package that promises more than 2x the speed.

I consistently clock around 10.8 mbit with only one test peaking above 15mbit.

I look at my signal information and it seems to be a strong connection. I'd like help assessing how to call and get this fixed. The modem is brand new and owned, meaning I'd like to have them not blame the modem right away.

mario02423

join:2004-06-09
Berwyn, IL

Wired, yes? Can you post a ShaperProbe result? If you're in a new location with a wireless connection, you might be getting interference. If that's the case, try switching channels.

Iamien

join:2006-04-09
Elkhart, IN

DiffProbe release. January 2012. Build 1008.
Shaper Detection Module.

Connected to server 74.63.50.40.

Estimating capacity:
Upstream: 6573 Kbps.
Downstream: 10549 Kbps.

The measurement will take upto 2.5 minutes. Please wait.

Checking for traffic shapers:

Upstream: Burst size: 10180-10270 KB;
Shaping rate: 4218 Kbps.

Downstream: Measurement aborted due to high packet loss rate.

For more information, visit: http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~partha/diffprobe

It is a wireless connection, office is on second floor and the drop comes into living room. My wifi analyzer phone app says I am on the best channel possible for my router, channel 11(8 out of 10 stars).

mario02423

join:2004-06-09
Berwyn, IL

Try channel 6 then 9, just for kicks...

NetFixer
From my cold dead hands
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to Iamien

Try connecting a PC to the router using an Ethernet cable. If that does not get the full speed, connect the PC directly to the modem, then power cycle both the modem and the PC.

I suspect that one or both of those tests will produce the correct speed results.
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.