uniqs

cchhat01
Dr. Zoidberg
join:2001-05-01
Elmhurst, NY

cchhat01 to rev I

to rev I

Re: Actiontec MI424WR FIOS N Router REV. I

Sorry but I am seeing very confusing information about whether the Rev.I support Double Bridge configuration to run my own router. Can someone clarify this for me.
Most information on the FAQ makes me believe this applies to Rev A through F.

Please help. I just had fios installed and would like to run my own router because it runs my YATE server, among other things.

Thanks.
C

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

Switch to a cat5 connection between the ONT and the router and put the Actiontec behind your router.

cchhat01
Dr. Zoidberg
Elmhurst, NY

cchhat01

said by More Fiber:

Switch to a cat5 connection between the ONT and the router and put the Actiontec behind your router.

I should have noted that I am not just subscribed to FIOS Internet, it is also FIOS TV and Digital voice.
I dont care much about the voice as the line will most likely never be used, but I do care about the FIOS TV service.

Do you still recommend to switch the ONT to Ethernet from COAX? I am certainly a total newbie with all this MoCA stuff so things are a bit confusing.

C

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

said by cchhat01:

Do you still recommend to switch the ONT to Ethernet from COAX?

Yes. Much simpler than the dual-bridge configuration.

I recommend option 7 in the trade-offs FAQ:
»Verizon FiOS FAQ »What are the tradeoffs between the various router configurations

Be aware that neither option 7 nor the double bridge (option 5) support remote access to DVR, on-screen caller id or VZ's CPE management interface.

cchhat01
Dr. Zoidberg
Elmhurst, NY

cchhat01

said by More Fiber:

said by cchhat01:

Do you still recommend to switch the ONT to Ethernet from COAX?

Yes. Much simpler than the dual-bridge configuration.

I recommend option 7 in the trade-offs FAQ:
»Verizon FiOS FAQ »What are the tradeoffs between the various router configurations

Be aware that neither option 7 nor the double bridge (option 5) support remote access to DVR, on-screen caller id or VZ's CPE management interface.

Okay but my problem is that I don't have the tools to drill holes in my house to run a CAT5 wire from the router to the ONT.
Again, I want do this as a last measure.

I'll repeat my question: Does the Rev I support Double Bridging? I am going through the router's Configs and its GUI has changed in ways from the original formats to Display things such as "Broadband Connection (Ethernet/Coax)" instead of two individual connections "Broadband Connection (Ethernet)" and "Broadband Connection (Coax)"

If I can make do without Running a CAT5 cable, I would gladly do this. I am just not sure whether to make heads or tails of the instructions as they are written and how they apply to Revision I.

I appreciate your help.

C