Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to urbanriot

Premium Member

to urbanriot

Re: FYI - CANT PAY BILLS IN STORE STARTING JANUARY

said by urbanriot:

Wow, flash back to waiting in a long line at the Cogeco (or what was it before?) on McLeod rd. to pay a bill... but then I was equally struck by a deeper memory waiting in line to pay a hydro bill, possibly at the same place.
I completely forgot we used to pay bills in person before the internet.

Or by mail, but yeah. I remember my parents used to load us into the car and head downtown to drop the hydro, gas and telephone cheques into the drop-boxes at the offices. Come up Church Street to hit hydro, then to the other end for gas (what is now a condemned building), then swing around back to King Street for telephone. Maclean-Hunter was on Wright Street near the Service Road, but we didn't have cable for much of the time I was a kid.

And for some reason, I want to say it was Consumers Gas on McLeod Road, not the hydro company, but that was so long ago.
averagecdn
join:2005-03-14
Windsor, ON

averagecdn

I remember the same thing when I was a kid... everyone loading into the car and going to drop off cheques in the drop boxes for the bills.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

If I was lucky, my Dad would let me drop the bill into the slot

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium Member
join:2011-07-11

Cogeco_Aaron

Premium Member

said by Gone:

If I was lucky, my Dad would let me drop the bill into the slot

It really was the small little things when we were children, wasn't it? I remember being super excited when we went to a McDonald's with a ball pit Off topic, but whatever