spc
uniqs
Luca
join:2002-08-31
Delta, BC

Luca to pfak

to pfak

Re: [BC] TELUS High Speed Turbo 25 Usage being reduced 50%

Do we (telus customers) even have a way to assess how much data we 'consume' currently? I just logged in to my telus account, and noticed a 'usage reminders' section. However, the section contains no information... Could not find a figure with the actual bandwidth usage anywhere. Maybe I missed it.
bornav
join:2003-06-24
Richmond, BC

bornav

I suppose if we have no way to check yet, then it cannot be enforced yet. Im guessing they will roll that feature in with the Feb 1st change date.

On another note, does anyone with some knowledge of Telus practices know if arbitration is required for disputes? Or can one simply file a claim through a the small claims court and deliver it?

Ayzee
join:2010-03-26
canada

Ayzee

I can't believe they would reduce it by HALF. That's pretty substantial.

There is going to be a lot of unhappy customers if they enforce these new caps. I guess we'll have to wait and see how this all plays out, but it's not looking good.
ruiner3
join:2012-03-10
Canada

ruiner3 to Luca

to Luca
said by Luca:

Do we (telus customers) even have a way to assess how much data we 'consume' currently? I just logged in to my telus account, and noticed a 'usage reminders' section. However, the section contains no information... Could not find a figure with the actual bandwidth usage anywhere. Maybe I missed it.

There used to be one but they seem to have removed it again. It was kind of broken since a few months ago I used around 500 GB and it reported something like 300 GB used.