Mississauga
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Anveo
·VMedia
reply to Arne Bolen

Re: [Anveo] Anveo call flow question

said by Arne Bolen:

You just need to use the Extension Call Flow item.

A Call Flow can be connected to a phone number (DID) or an extension number. So when you need to continue a flow you just transfer the call using the extension item and the Call flow will dial the extension number.

You can see how I use it to handle anonymous callers:
»Re: [Anveo] Anveo call flow question

Thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious to me. An Anveo extension maps onto an Asterisk extension which refers to a set of instructions to be executed, not to a physical extension.
--
DPC3825 (bridged mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 1.8.11.0 with Asterisk GUI on Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.MS - Localphone - UKDDI

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
join:2009-06-21
Cyberspace
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
reply to grand total
said by grand total:

said by Arne Bolen:

You can avoid the overage fees by splitting up your Call Flow into two or more Call Flows.

I don't need this, but I'm interested in knowing how it's done. I'm imagining you transfer from one flow to another using transfer to SIP URI.

You just need to use the Extension Call Flow item.

A Call Flow can be connected to a phone number (DID) or an extension number. So when you need to continue a flow you just transfer the call using the extension item and the Call flow will dial the extension number.

You can see how I use it to handle anonymous callers:
»Re: [Anveo] Anveo call flow question
--
My VoIP News

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Anveo
·VMedia
reply to Arne Bolen
said by Arne Bolen:

You can avoid the overage fees by splitting up your Call Flow into two or more Call Flows.

I don't need this, but I'm interested in knowing how it's done. I'm imagining you transfer from one flow to another using transfer to SIP URI.
--
DPC3825 (bridged mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 1.8.11.0 with Asterisk GUI on Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.MS - Localphone - UKDDI

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
Cyberspace
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
reply to JoelBurns
You're welcome Joel. Please don't hesitate to send a feature suggestion to Anveo using the Suggestions Box under the Support tab.

Anveo listen to their customers and you will be surprised how fast they implement feature requests from customers. Usually a feature request is implemented within a couple of weeks (if the request is possible to implement). One of my suggestions was implemented after only 4 hours.

Their R&D department is really impressive.
--
My VoIP News

JoelBurns

join:2011-11-05
reply to Arne Bolen
Thanks so much! I'd hoped there was a work-around, but, for my own ego, glad to have the definitive Anveo expert on this board confirm that it isn't that I'm just not trying hard enough, or smart enough...

Thanks again, Arne.

jb
--
Joel Burns
www.joels.info

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
Cyberspace
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
reply to JoelBurns
said by JoelBurns:

how to have the SIP device ring while concurrently making available the "Press Key" call flow item to the caller.

Currently there is no Call Flow Control being able to what you wish. I suggest you send a feature request to Anveo, they listen to their customers. The Suggestions Box is under the Support tab.

I like to suggest the following solution for now.

If you don't answer your home phone, the caller will be presented with the different choices. This way the caller is not bothered with making choices if you answer the phone. As a caller I would prefer this solution.
--
My VoIP News

JoelBurns

reply to Arne Bolen
Okay, I understand the above. But I don't see an example of how to have the SIP device ring while concurrently making available the "Press Key" call flow item to the caller. Am I missing it?
--
Joel Burns
www.joels.info

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
Cyberspace
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
reply to JoelBurns
said by JoelBurns:

The nice Anveo customer service folks set me up to allow 15 items when I had a prev question as a newby.

That's very nice of them. The people at Anveo are very nice guys and they also understand how important good customer service is. In addition they are also highly skilled with a deep knowledge about voip.

said by JoelBurns:

But yes, I'm happy to break it up. I tried once as "extensions" but didn't get it right.

This is an example on how I use extensions.

I have several phone numbers and instead of using three Call Flow items on anonymous callers I just use one single extension item.

Here I save just two items on each phone number Call Flow. With a more advanced Call Flow I could save more items.

To get the extension to work you need to assign a Call Flow to it at »www.anveo.com/extensions.asp

--
My VoIP News

JoelBurns

reply to Arne Bolen
The nice Anveo customer service folks set me up to allow 15 items when I had a prev question as a newby. But yes, I'm happy to break it up. I tried once as "extensions" but didn't get it right.
--
Joel Burns
www.joels.info

gweidenh

join:2002-05-18
Houston, TX
kudos:3
reply to Arne Bolen
del

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
Cyberspace
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
reply to JoelBurns
said by JoelBurns:

(FYI, I have no sub-accounts, and am on the "free" Anveo plan so I'd prefer not to use "Pro" call flow items)

Any thoughts?

I assume you prefer to avoid any fees for your Call Flow. Currently you have well over 10 items in your Call Flow.

As you are using the Free Subscription Plan your Call Flow size can be up to 10 items without any extra charge. Call Flow items over the limit are charged at $0.05 per extra item every time the Call Flow is executed.

You can avoid the overage fees by splitting up your Call Flow into two or more Call Flows. If you are interested in having more than one Call Flow I will be happy to suggest a couple of suitable Call Flows.
--
My VoIP News

JoelBurns

Click for full size
Current call flow
1) If there is a more appropriate forum elsewhere for asking Anveo call flow questions, please let me know. Assuming not...

2) I'm trying to figure out:

My current home call flow give callers the option of (and requires them to take a specific "Presskey" action): ringing the home phone (SIP device), being transferred to a mobile or office number or transferring directly to the home VM (Google Voice).

I'd like to change it to: home phone (SIP device) immediately rings (without caller action) while CONCURRENTLY the caller is given the option of transferring to mobile office or VM. (Thus if we answer, the "Presskey" option for caller goes away; if "Presskey", the home phone stops ringing)

(FYI, I have no sub-accounts, and am on the "free" Anveo plan so I'd prefer not to use "Pro" call flow items)

Any thoughts? Here's my currently call flow:
--
Joel Burns
www.joels.info