spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jeffrez

join:2012-10-28
Jefferson, GA

The WS email listed here gets no response?

How in the world are you all posting speed tests when we can't even get WS to work at all, much less test it's slowness?

Why does everyone here say to contact WS at the email listed here instead of spending hours on the phone daily? I have politely emailed them 6 times over several weeks and never received a single response. I still have no internet for hours a day despite WS forcing me to get a new router. I know the email is correct because a WS rep directly posted it to me here in the forum.

Is this their way of not being able to track our calls and not help us (or give us a credit on our bill?) I'm going back to daily calls because at least that way they can't say we did not let them know.

I am seeing talk of a class action suit when I google "windstream sucks".

malianx

join:2012-11-24
Clarendon, TX
During the day it takes about ten tries to get through a speedtest for me, timing out most of the tries. I keep at it until I get one though, and spend a another ten-fifteen minutes refreshing the pages here until I can post.

I've tried emails, and daily calls, I've never gotten a credit even though I only get usable service between 1am and 5am

I've already contacted several lawyers on the topic, there is nothing we can do because of the way windstream sells the connections. Promising speeds "Up To Xmbit";

I hope you live somewhere with another provider.

Liv

@windstream.net
Dont bother trying to email them, they cant do anything. This is a major problem with windstream and them overselling the bandwidth they cant supply. There is only one fix and thats new lines dslams ect..and looking at how widespread this problem is its not likely to happen for a few years. They cant fix all of this in a reasonable amount of time. Its across the country, you have any idea how large of a network area that is.

They should have been warned by the feds before this ever got out of hand, and they sold even more dsl accounts and really buggered it up. I think you can blame the FCC and PSC among others for this cock up, they allowed them to keep on selling without updating the networks. So we are in it for the long haul, but I agree they need to be sued and fined by the feds

Jeffrez

join:2012-10-28
Jefferson, GA
reply to Jeffrez
1am-5am wont help most will it LOL?

I feel like I can actually sue seeing how I mostly have zero internet, so there is no "up to" to measure up to.

Windstream is the only option here sadly.

I am the point where I can't even stand to see the Windstream repair vans around town now.

malianx

join:2012-11-24
Clarendon, TX
By all means, try to sue. I wish you the best of luck. It might actually have some effect.

I wish it were something you could actually do

GTX690

join:2012-12-05
Cameron, NC
reply to Jeffrez
Have you looked into wireless data devices? I am in the same situation, and am thinking of just upping my iPhone to a hotspot 5GB plan, and auto connecting it to my wireless router to feed the internet to everything in my house. It's $50 a month compared to my $88 Windstream bill. Just a thought and I wish you the best of luck.

Liv

@windstream.net
Unfortunately GTX, wireless anything is useless in many of the windstream areas. Most are inaccessible due to mountains etc. You cannot get a signal where I live. This is becoming a serious problem and for most unless you want to live with no speed or access 80% of the time you will have to move to another providers coverage area. I am putting my house on the market this spring. This is too inconvenient for someone that works from their pc. I am willing to pack it in and flip windstream the bird