Elmhurst, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·RCN CABLE
·Earthlink Cable ..
reply to More Fiber

Re: Actiontec MI424WR FIOS N Router REV. I

said by More Fiber:

Switch to a cat5 connection between the ONT and the router and put the Actiontec behind your router.

I should have noted that I am not just subscribed to FIOS Internet, it is also FIOS TV and Digital voice.
I dont care much about the voice as the line will most likely never be used, but I do care about the FIOS TV service.

Do you still recommend to switch the ONT to Ethernet from COAX? I am certainly a total newbie with all this MoCA stuff so things are a bit confusing.

C
--
"Look at me, I'm Dr. Zoidberg, homeowner."

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:29

said by cchhat01:

Do you still recommend to switch the ONT to Ethernet from COAX?

Yes. Much simpler than the dual-bridge configuration.

I recommend option 7 in the trade-offs FAQ:
»Verizon Online FiOS FAQ »What are the tradeoffs between the various router configurations

Be aware that neither option 7 nor the double bridge (option 5) support remote access to DVR, on-screen caller id or VZ's CPE management interface.
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

cchhat01
Dr. Zoidberg

join:2001-05-01
Elmhurst, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·RCN CABLE
·Earthlink Cable ..

said by More Fiber:

said by cchhat01:

Do you still recommend to switch the ONT to Ethernet from COAX?

Yes. Much simpler than the dual-bridge configuration.

I recommend option 7 in the trade-offs FAQ:
»Verizon Online FiOS FAQ »What are the tradeoffs between the various router configurations

Be aware that neither option 7 nor the double bridge (option 5) support remote access to DVR, on-screen caller id or VZ's CPE management interface.

Okay but my problem is that I don't have the tools to drill holes in my house to run a CAT5 wire from the router to the ONT.
Again, I want do this as a last measure.

I'll repeat my question: Does the Rev I support Double Bridging? I am going through the router's Configs and its GUI has changed in ways from the original formats to Display things such as "Broadband Connection (Ethernet/Coax)" instead of two individual connections "Broadband Connection (Ethernet)" and "Broadband Connection (Coax)"

If I can make do without Running a CAT5 cable, I would gladly do this. I am just not sure whether to make heads or tails of the instructions as they are written and how they apply to Revision I.

I appreciate your help.

C
--
"Look at me, I'm Dr. Zoidberg, homeowner."