mitchflorida

join:2004-09-01
Deerfield Beach, FL

4 edits

1 recommendation

Test Number to check sound quality of VOIP or Cell Phone

1-408-647-4636

(40-VOIP-INFO)

This is a handy phone number to check your VOIP or Cell phone sound quality. it offers several tests including message playback test, echo test, DTMF test, music on hold, frequency sweep, conference bridge, etc.

VexorgTR

join:2012-08-27
Sheffield Lake, OH
kudos:1

1 recommendation

And then there's always this one.....

1-985-655-2500

I make joke.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to mitchflorida

Very nice, thanks.

------------------------------

Just to remind, there are also iNum test numbers that users of CallCentric, Voip.MS, and other iNum-friendly providers can use:

883 5100 0000 0091 which is an Echo test.

883 5100 0000 0093 which is a Caller ID test.

NOTES:

1) These must be dialed as international calls so MUST be preceded by a code such as 011.

2) Dial plan must allow for 011 calling.

3) CallCentric or Voip.MS country-by-country security settings must be enabled for iNum (iNum is considered a country for this purpose).

airwavz
Always the green wire

join:2011-09-11
Mount Juliet, TN
kudos:1
reply to mitchflorida

mitchflorida,

Thanks a bunch! You wouldn't believe the number of times I've called the 'RickRoll' line just to have some decent audio to test with (if you can call that "decent audio" - LOL).

Much appreciated

cell14

join:2012-01-04
Miami Beach, FL
reply to mitchflorida

Thanks Mitch. The best test number so far.

cell14

Miami Beach, FL
Reviews:
·localphone.com
reply to PX Eliezer7

Thanks. Works nicely. BTW do you have any idea how do international numbers work for POTS/ cell lines? Can they call them and how much do they have to pay ? For example, Localphone offers i-num for free but who can actually call it and at what costs?
I know, this is somehow off topic.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

said by cell14:

For example, Localphone offers i-num for free but who can actually call it and at what costs?
I know, this is somehow off topic.

iNum is somewhat like a more uniform type of Sipbroker.

iNum numbers can be used for a CallCentric customer to call a Voip.MS customer free of charge, for example. Or Localphone as you said.

But also-----

Similar to Sipbroker, iNum also has access numbers that can be called from the PSTN world:
»www.inum.net/?page_id=42

So, if you were in Hong Kong and wanted to call your wife at home, and you had an iNum on your Localphone account, you'd dial the access number in Hong Kong as a local call, then when connected to iNum you dial your iNum number to reach your wife in Miami Beach.

Finally, there are some regular landline and mobile companies that allow you to call iNum numbers. There is often a charge for this (landline companies can't help it, it's in their genes):
»www.inum.net/?page_id=22

cell14

Miami Beach, FL
Reviews:
·localphone.com

Thanks. So what it basically means that if my mother who has like me a Localphone account would use the local access number in her country to call my Localphone -num for free ( not that it was such a biggie, with the 0.5 c/min plus their VAT )

mdseuss

join:2012-05-27
Worcester, MA
reply to mitchflorida

Looks like the sister number to 1-703-376-ECHO

they have the same menu

very nice

SCADAGeo

join:2012-11-08
N California
kudos:2
reply to mitchflorida

Thank you.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to cell14

said by cell14:

Thanks. So what it basically means that if my mother who has like me a Localphone account would use the local access number in her country to call my Localphone -num for free ( not that it was such a biggie, with the 0.5 c/min plus their VAT )

You are still not getting it.

You and your mom can each get a free iNum from Localphone.

You can use those iNum numbers to call each other for free.

In that case, NO local access number is involved.

Even if you had CallCentric and she had Localphone, the same would apply, you call her on her Localphone-assigned iNum, she calls you on your CC-assigned iNum. No cost, no access number....

azmike

join:2012-07-19
Phoenix, AZ
reply to mdseuss

said by mdseuss:

Looks like the sister number to 1-703-376-ECHO

they have the same menu

very nice

Yep!
»thetestcall.blogspot.com/

cell14

Miami Beach, FL
Reviews:
·localphone.com
reply to PX Eliezer7

Oh, I got that one. the thing is that she lives like on 3 locations and her Obi is stationary on one, she uses her cell phone to call me through a local access number for Localphone. When I call her in such a situation, I just let ring twice and she sees my CAD and calls back, saving me the steep charges for calling an European cell phone.

steve1111

join:2009-09-23
New York, NY
reply to mitchflorida

Is there a test number in Europe for testing trans-atlantic calls?

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

said by steve1111:

Is there a test number in Europe for testing trans-atlantic calls?

+441483604781

London, UK
Several types of testing
(Sponsored by Mouselike.org)