uniqs
share rss forum feed

decx
Premium
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC
reply to Poser

Re: Christmas Promotion

Actually Redbox (Redbox Automated Retail) is a company that owns and operates a network of automated movie rental machines in the US that Verizon is partnering with for a joint venture to stream media.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

Click for full size
redbox
Yes... thanks for clarifying that... I knew it had something to do with Verizon...

These redboxes...

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to TSI Andre

said by TSI Andre:

To confirm, you haven't been "jipted".

The common spelling is 'gypped', and it's a racial slur.
You should be ashamed. Look it up and then go wash your mouth out with soap....and your keyboard too.

It doesn't matter that the term has entered the vernacular - it's racist, pure and simple.

stormy13

join:2003-10-28
Etobicoke, ON
reply to TSI Martin

»forums.redflagdeals.com/teksavvy···1267568/
--
MS MVP Windows Expert-Consumer 2010-2012

chrisl83

join:2011-06-21
Almonte, ON
reply to MaynardKrebs

Lol @ calling gypped racist

PC much?,

stop gypping me bro.

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4

Don't be so ignorant. Get an education.

Guru

join:2008-10-01
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 recommendation

said by MaynardKrebs:

Don't be so ignorant. Get an education.

Not everyone knows the meaning and doesn't mean they are being racist! The term also has few meanings so it really depends how the term is being used!!

You know the meaning so you don't use it but doesn't mean you rip them apart by using the term. Unless and of course it was meant to be racist which I don't think anyone in here knew before you posted your "Knowledge"!!!!

i LOLd

@videotron.ca
reply to stormy13

LOL
This guy is telling people that if they get 15-meg on their 28-meg service it's just congestion and that is normal.

So teksavvy is seriously legitimizing and "authorizing" this guy?

What does teksavvy think about the statement about how it's normal to have 15-megs of a 28-meg service at peak time?

This guy is basically telling people you are over-sold and congested at peak times and that this is normal to have and pay for!

Is this what you tell your resellers to say with your marketing material that you provide them?

Sorry, but that is funny and a good chuckle.

decx
Premium
Vancouver, BC
reply to stormy13

If Redbox is a reseller TSI really need to stop them from representing themselves as Teksavvy. On that RFD post Redbox makes it seem like he's an official TSI representative.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
reply to i LOLd

well he's right, TSI is mostly oversold at this point and DSL is saturated at peak as well as cable in Ottawa.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:20
reply to decx

said by decx:

If Redbox is a reseller

I know it is confusing, but.. In Teksavvy terminology a reseller is an independent commissioned sales agent (like me). My customers pay their bills straight to Teksavvy--they are Teksavvy's customers too, in every sense.

Meanwhile, Redbox is a wholesaler. Redbox customers aren't really Teksavvy customers at all in the business/legal sense. This is why wholesalers generally rebrand their service. From the customer's point of view it is a legalistic distinction that could only matter in the most extreme circumstances.
(Ya, the general meaning of reseller fits this very well, but when discussing Teksavvy it is different)

Neither wholesalers nor resellers are official Teksavvy personal. So, I agree, it seems problematic for Redbox to be calling themselves an authorized agent and referring people to head office. More problematic even than if I said it (I generally don't). It would be better if they called themselves a Teksavvy partner, but then I don't expect most people would understand or care about that distinction.
--
electronicsguru.ca

decx
Premium
Vancouver, BC

Yes the terminology is a bit wonky. Functionally, Redbox should be a "reseller" as they resell TSI's products while TSI itself is the wholesaler as they wholesale their products to Redbox to resell. In your case an "independent sales agent" would make more sense than a reseller as you're essentially directly selling a product for TSI rather than reselling something you bought wholesale.

i LOLd

@videotron.ca
reply to jmck

said by jmck:

well he's right, TSI is mostly oversold at this point and DSL is saturated at peak as well as cable in Ottawa.

Is it? They dropped the ball again?

So what this guy is saying is true?

LOL

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to Teddy Boom

So what is redbox? A reseller, wholesaler, or partner?

You said they are a wholesaler. But... Seems to me they are saying they are reselling peak-time congested teksavvy (their words, not mine). Everything they say is in regards to reselling teksavvy.

REDBOXtsi

@videotron.ca
reply to stormy13

»www.redboxwireless.com/teksavvy.html

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

GoDaddy domain, and a bit more from a whois.