Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to computerman2

Re: Condo Assocation and Signed Agreements with Cable Provider

It means you will be paying for WOW services in your monthly dues whether you use it or not. You can do anything you want though. I own 2 rental properties where they have basic cable included. You can choose to use that, upgrade it and pay the difference, or not use it and go with anyone else you want. All it really means is you will be paying like $25/month extra in dues. If you use the basic cable it will save you maybe $10/month. If you don't use it then you just pay for nothing so others in the association can save that $10/month.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

kontos
xyzzy

join:2001-10-04
West Henrietta, NY
said by Draiman:

It means you will be paying for WOW services in your monthly dues whether you use it or not. You can do anything you want though.

It is also possible that the board simply granted WOW a right of way in the development to install infrastructure to service any homes that want to subscribe.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by kontos:

said by Draiman:

It means you will be paying for WOW services in your monthly dues whether you use it or not. You can do anything you want though.

It is also possible that the board simply granted WOW a right of way in the development to install infrastructure to service any homes that want to subscribe.

That could be the case but the OP said the infrastructure already exists in the condos. They have RG6 aka coaxial cable in the units with other carriers who provide service now. It seems silly WOW would install all new infrastructure given it already exists.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
said by Draiman:

It seems silly WOW would install all new infrastructure given it already exists.

If it works. The problem is that they don't know anything about the existing cable. Most cable companies are like that. I've dealt with both WOW and Comcast and they will run new lines for a new install, even if the old line worked fine. This way they know any problems are theirs and not with the old cable.
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ¯ Robert A. Heinlein

Critsmcgee

join:2011-12-02
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by Kilroy:

said by Draiman:

It seems silly WOW would install all new infrastructure given it already exists.

If it works. The problem is that they don't know anything about the existing cable. Most cable companies are like that. I've dealt with both WOW and Comcast and they will run new lines for a new install, even if the old line worked fine. This way they know any problems are theirs and not with the old cable.

I wouldn't allow them to install new line. If they can't use the existing stuff they can't get my business. They can put on a tester and see how good the cable is before they use the existing stuff. If there is no issues they better use it. The last thing people want is 2-4 outlets in each room for each provider. STUPID!

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by Critsmcgee:

I wouldn't allow them to install new line.

Your not a good candidate for condo ownership then, its not your choice if the CCR's say otherwise.
Expand your moderator at work

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to Critsmcgee

Re: Condo Assocation and Signed Agreements with Cable Provider

said by Critsmcgee:

said by Kilroy:

said by Draiman:

I wouldn't allow them to install new line. If they can't use the existing stuff they can't get my business. They can put on a tester and see how good the cable is before they use the existing stuff. If there is no issues they better use it. The last thing people want is 2-4 outlets in each room for each provider. STUPID!

My old apartment had 2 right next to each other in each room. One for cable and the other for FIOS. Same thing in my grandparent condo, one for cable, the other for an old master antenna system.
--

Fiber Optics is the future of high-speed internet access. Stop by the BBR Fiber Optic Forum

Critsmcgee

join:2011-12-02
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by ilikeme:

My old apartment had 2 right next to each other in each room. One for cable and the other for FIOS. Same thing in my grandparent condo, one for cable, the other for an old master antenna system.

No wonder why the economy is in so bad of shape. Both use coaxial cable and can work on the same lines to the TV's. We switched from normal cable to FIOS and they used the same lines.