sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to technocar2

Mod

to technocar2

Re: [Home Phone] charges from Rogers after porting number

Pardon? The OP said he gave 30 days notice for November 19 (i.e. on or before Oct 20) so Rogers has no right to charge him until the 30th. The only requirement is 30 days notice. Not "to the end of the billing cycle after 30 days notice", nor "to the end of the next calendar month after 30 days notice" ... just 30 days.

By "removed the digital equipment", I'm going to presume he meant disconnected and made it available to be returned to Rogers. Some Rogers techs have the habit of fixing the MTA to a chunk of wood if they can.
LostTheGame
join:2012-11-24
Ottawa, ON

LostTheGame

said by sbrook:

Pardon? The OP said he gave 30 days notice for November 19

...No they didn't; OP just said he gave 30 days and the port was completed on the 19th

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Normal use of English would imply that he had given 30 days notice for a Nov. 19 port date. Now it seems that didn't happen, but not from his doing, but from the behaviour of the company he ported to.

manam
@cogentco.com

manam

Anon

The 30 day notification I asked for was on Oct 18th and to my knowledge the porting order was submitted to Rogers on Oct 19th and the porting was done on Nov 19. The reason I chose Nov 19 was to meet the Rogers policy. So, there is no doubt that I followed the Rogers' TOS as far as 30 day notification was concerned.
Also, the day of porting there was a technical glitch during porting and I contacted Rogers to see if there is any issue from their end and I spoke to two supervisors (at two different times) and none of them expressed any issue and they told me porting should go through because everything is fine. The glitch was resolved after a few hours. I assume if there was something wrong they would have informed me.