kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
reply to mstaszew

Re: POTS Splitter Installation Help

I don't think he will need a newer nid, a newer one will probably be more confusing than this one. This one looks pretty modern for a residential 2 pair install. I have an IW box in my house that looks about the same.

All he really has to do is take one wire and wire it to which hooks has his dial tone and run the splitter like I posted and I think he will be ok.

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
kudos:4
said by David:

I don't think he will need a newer nid, a newer one will probably be more confusing than this one. This one looks pretty modern for a residential 2 pair install. I have an IW box in my house that looks about the same.

All he really has to do is take one wire and wire it to which hooks has his dial tone and run the splitter like I posted and I think he will be ok.

his NID doesn't look to far from this guy's own NID which was causing issues...

»Re: Cat5/Cat6...... Phone/DSL install

I'd still push for a new NID for a cleaner and more efficient connections, stable signals and better splitter wiring...

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

2 edits
reply to David
Your wiring advice might be made a bit clearer if you replace the word "wire" with the phrase "wire pair" (unless you are actually talking about doing something that makes a mockery of Ohm's law as I have always interpreted it). If the OP is not familiar with Ohm's law, and only moves a single wire for each telco circuit, things are not likely to work very well.

And FWIW, not everyone is going to be able to easily view your uploaded MS proprietary file Schematic.mht (just in case that file clarifies your instructions).

--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

Canezoid
End of line

join:2001-02-16
Powder Springs, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to David
said by David:

Sorry, not modern at all, this particular unit dates back to the mid/late 1980's, actually an updated 1 would make it easier as the splitter can be placed inside, along w/ the new home run as the other poster's pic shows. This unit will not accomodate that at all.