mythology
Premium Member
join:2002-10-16
Seneca, SC

mythology

Premium Member

Web banner

Click for full size
Updated our front zeon banner today. Went with a WARN photo. Cropped it in half and added some background desert/sky to the right side. Masked out and copied the jeep on the top layer. Set the first layer to lumonosity. Turned down the fill a little to appear black/white. Turn down the opacity and fill a notch on the first jeep layer to make the colors a little more dim. Add winch, logo and text. Done.

What do you think? I was a little skeptic on the free shipping font. I changed it up with brush a little but now i think it looks kinda retro.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay

MVM

I obviously don't know squat other than what I see. What I see is all fine other than the WARN ZEON, which is not coming through fully blackened. If this is how you meant it to be, great, but otherwise, my suggestion would be make sure all the black is filled in and not showing through other color.

Chuck22
Premium Member
join:2003-11-10
Salt Lake City, UT

Chuck22 to mythology

Premium Member

to mythology
I think it really looks good. However, I agree that using any script style (or even a serif) font is not a good choice for the "free shipping". A san serif would be better. (Maybe italic, or perhaps a different color such as a subdued blue to make it a bit distinctive...?)

Kathy_9
Premium Member
join:2005-05-15
Cloud 9

Kathy_9 to mythology

Premium Member

to mythology
Agree that "free shipping" does not stand out, so as Chuck suggested another font/color would take care of that.

Also, I don't know how important the wording is behind Warn Zeon but I really had to study it to figure out that it reads Go Prepared (at least I think that's what it says).

mythology
Premium Member
join:2002-10-16
Seneca, SC

mythology to jaykaykay

Premium Member

to jaykaykay
Ya its suppose to be like that. The zeon text is eroded with a grunge brush. I put the back ground text on the low priority as to show more of the jeep by not covering it with the zeon text. I`ll try out a dif free shipping font tommorow. I was hoping the white glow around the free shipping would be enough to make it stand out. Thanks for the input. I like sharing.
mythology

mythology

Premium Member

Click for full size
I bring you. Gradient. Makes the free shipping stand out now right? Man I played around and changed fonts for 15 minutes and just couldn't decide.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay to mythology

MVM

to mythology
Now what I was looking at makes sense. Thanks for explaining it so I know that it wasn't in error.
jaykaykay

jaykaykay to mythology

MVM

to mythology
double post.

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

dandelion to mythology

MVM

to mythology