spc
Search similar:

uniqs

lineofsight
join:2003-01-03
East Saint Louis, IL

lineofsight

New Customer deals?

I have a friend who is on DSL, they just raised his price and he is thinking is might be time for STL Charter HSI. What promos for HSI only are there?
whoaru99
join:2003-12-17

whoaru99

Check Charter's website. Sometimes it varies by location. I've seen something about $29.99/mo but don't know the details.

Bear in mind though that they have, apparently, clamped down on extending promo deals so expect to pay the full rate or move on when the promo is up.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya

MVM

The $29.99 deal is a trick. It's only $29.99 if you also get their $29.99 basic cable and $29.99 phone service. E.G., $90.00
NightOwl2
join:2012-03-19

NightOwl2 to lineofsight

to lineofsight
I was not able to get a reduced rate, even through Charter Direct. Limited basic cable is no longer available, (channels 1 thru 23 and a few others). Definitely expect to pay the full rate when the promo ends.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

I can promise Charter that if I can't get a lower speed at a more value oriented price I will end my service with them, I don't bluff either,check out my review of DirecTV.

I don't want a "promo" price for high speed service I don't NEED or WANT.

Looks like I'll be heading for ATT DSL. The speeds are basic level but it is all I need at a price I can live with.

anon anon
@charter.com

anon anon

Anon

said by 15444104:

I can promise Charter that if I can't get a lower speed at a more value oriented price I will end my service with them, I don't bluff either,check out my review of DirecTV.

I don't want a "promo" price for high speed service I don't NEED or WANT.

Looks like I'll be heading for ATT DSL. The speeds are basic level but it is all I need at a price I can live with.

You realize that after your promo with at&t ends that A) at&t will NOT extend it. B) you be paying the same price as Charter for slower service.

Hope you don't need anything more than 768 kbps upload

ore
@charter.com

ore to lineofsight

Anon

to lineofsight
Have them check online, there should be a $29.99 HSI only deal online. If they call in or go somewhere in person I don't think the deal counts.

wdoa
join:2001-10-16
Spencer, MA

wdoa to lineofsight

to lineofsight
Be very very skeptical of any "new customer" deals that Charter offers. You have to really dig around to find what the price is after the "deal" expires, and you will probably find that it's more expensive than you ever imagined. Several years ago it was possible to always be on some sort of promotion, but Charter has done away with that. It's a full fledged switch and bait operation currently designed to get you in the door and then screw you over in the hopes you won't go to the trouble to leave (especially with limited or no competition in most areas).
whoaru99
join:2003-12-17

whoaru99

said by wdoa:

You have to really dig around to find what the price is after the "deal" expires,

Or, you could just do it the easy way and ask.

ore
@charter.com

ore to wdoa

Anon

to wdoa
For all new subscribers after July 2012, the standard rate for internet service for the 30/4 plan is $49.99, the modem rental rate stays free.
15444104 (banned)

15444104 (banned) to anon anon

to anon anon

said by anon anon
You realize that after your promo with at&t ends that A) at&t will NOT extend it. B) you be paying the same price as Charter for slower service.

Hope you don't need anything more than 768 kbps upload

:

I understand that...and no I don't NEED a speed tier higher than
3/512.

I hope that Charter will revisit the "internet lite" service they offered in the past at the FAIR price of 19.99.

If I have to... after ATT I will cease having the internet at home and go back to using the Library.

As I said previously...I do NOT bluff.

bumpy
join:2012-12-06
Worcester, MA

bumpy

charter will not revist it. the market is going in a faster direction not slower. especially with future tv coming. you threating to leave wont help. its impossible for us to lower your speeds. write the ceo a letter.
15444104 (banned)

15444104 (banned)

said by bumpy:

charter will not revist it. the market is going in a faster direction not slower. especially with future tv coming. you threating to leave wont help. its impossible for us to lower your speeds. write the ceo a letter.

That is exactly what I will be doing, initially writing a letter to the CEO.

I seriously doubt that MOST folks "need" speeds of 50 MBps ,while 30 is probably more than most have to have for what they do. Again considering the state of the economy it is ridiculous to imply that there isn't still a substantial market for lower speed value oriented services. Just because some "consultant" told Charter what it wanted to hear doesn't make it so.

"Impossible to lower speeds"?? You can't mean technically, so you must mean that as marketing speak.