Badger3k
We Don't Need No Stinkin Badgers
Premium Member
join:2001-09-27
Franklin, OH

Badger3k

Premium Member

Re: Late 2012 Mac Mini bad drive?

So when I go down to the Apple store, will they fix it or replace it while I'm there? I've never dealt with Apple support so I wasn't sure how the process works.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

They won't fix it while you wait, although if it is in a mall they may be able to fix it in a couple of hours so you could walk around.
kitsune
join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA

kitsune

said by skeechan:

They won't fix it while you wait, although if it is in a mall they may be able to fix it in a couple of hours so you could walk around.

Exactly, it all depends on if they have the part in stock and what the backlog of repairs is like.

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo to Badger3k

to Badger3k
said by Badger3k:

...I've never dealt with Apple support so I wasn't sure how the process works.

They are very agreeable when it comes to replacing anything. No hassles, no arguing, you ask and they'll do it.(IMHO)

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Same experience here although there are stories of them just saying now, as with the recent reports of Retina ghosting; some get them replaced, some bars say nope.

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo

said by skeechan:

Same experience here although there are stories of them just saying now, as with the recent reports of Retina ghosting; some get them replaced, some bars say nope.

(just kidding, but...) Then just tell them that the screen at times gets really hot and you're afraid of a fire hazard. It's like telling the utility company "I smell gas and I have young children in the house"...they'll be at your house before you hang up the phone!

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

I'm lucky to have 4 or 5 Apple Stores local so if I ever did get bad service I could just go elsewhere. But I've been to the one in Mission Viejo (busty emo chick) and South Coast Plaza (always with a guy who looks like a 1988 Bono) and get quick fixes with both. When I had the Mac Shutdown Syndrome with an old Core Duo white MacBook they had the MB in stock and swapped it in 2 hours. With a Mac Pro that wouldn't push amperage through the front ports (would read data but not enough power to drive bus powered stuff) they replaced the PSU, both processors and the mainboard in 1 day. MacBook Pro that broke a SODIMM pin, 2 hours. The only time I waited more than a day was for a 7 year old iBook needing logic board replacement; that went to Texas and I got it back in 1 week.