No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

1 edit

2 recommendations

Callcentric Credit Deadline Now Ext'd to Dec 16

FYI, today, I have for the first time received correspondence from CallCentric regarding their offered Credit/Rebate.

It arrived as an email message, revised compared to the earlier ones which some of you have kindly copied and pasted in this forum.

It came from the same 'No Reply' email address as all of my normal billing-related emails from CC, and contained my account number and registered account name, where I have been led to believe that the previous Credit/Rebate ones had not contained that info, and I'm not sure what the originating address would have been.

During the period in question (of folks not receiving messages about this Credit/Rebate proposal), I have made NO changes to incoming email filtering, and do not believe that my email provider has blocked anything from CC, as (and I think I posted somewhere else already) all of my other correspondence from CC has made it thru to my inbox as normal, plus a lot of other unwanted emails from elsewhere.

It is not my plan to follow thru and actually MAKE a claim, but I appreciate the effort which CallCentric has now put forth to ensure that more of us have received the message of their offer, especially as the link does not seem to be accessible from their portal, nor from their website's front page.

I would still be curious (so that we all LEARN something from this) to know from what email address that the previous CallCentric credit offer messages were sent - a question which I do not believe I have read of anyone else asking here.

Cheers !

= = = = = = = =

An old saying :

She offered her honour and he honoured her offer.

And that's the way things went all night - honour and offer, honour and offer !

--

We have only 2 things about which to worry :
(1) That things may never get back to normal
(2) That they already HAVE !
-
START Forum »Start Communications
Or you can still use Canadian Broadband.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
Seriously another CC credit thread?
--
[nUll@dcypher ~]$

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

1 edit
said by XCOM:

Seriously another CC credit thread?

No discussion is required.

This is only a FYI post, and the other threads were locked.

I want only to determine whether anyone has missed receiving the current email.

That's all which anyone needs to post (if they can restrain themselves).

My suggestion is that the Mods give this one 24 hours or so, and then lock it anyway.

IPfaxer

join:2010-10-24
reply to Davesnothere
excellent thread and excellent post Davesnothere

can report the same on our end and many of our customers as well

I'll leave the hard conclusions to others but I would hazard to guess that public scrutiny on this very bulletin board played a role

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
del
--
[nUll@dcypher ~]$

verix

join:2004-12-30
Oakland, CA
reply to Davesnothere
Too bad we can't view the Post Jail. I never saw the wonderful posts after my exchange with Iscream.

Iscream
Premium
join:2009-02-17
New York, NY
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
Never did I )

I can only say that issues with SPAMCOPs as well as multiple complaints from DSLR members who haven't received our e-mails had shed some light on this issue. Therefore we've decided to resend the "extension message" once again, but this time having it highly personalized (like our regular billing notification messages) by customer's first and second names and account's number in subject of the message.

Let's see how it worked out this time.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

1 edit
said by Iscream:

....Let's see how it worked out this time.

In other words, you did a 'Mail-Merge'.

Well, so far nobody has posted that they did NOT receive this latest one.

That's encouraging.

SCADAGeo

join:2012-11-08
N California
kudos:2
reply to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

It came from the same 'No Reply' email address as all of my normal billing-related emails from CC, and contained my account number and registered account name

Registered account name was in the "To:" field, and in the message itself.

said by Davesnothere:

I have been led to believe that the previous Credit/Rebate ones had not contained that info,

The message in the previous two e-mails matched what I saw posted in the forum.

said by Davesnothere:

I'm not sure what the originating address would have been.

It's the same.

said by Davesnothere:

I have made NO changes to incoming email filtering, and do not believe that my email provider has blocked anything from CC

I would still be curious (so that we all LEARN something from this) to know from what email address that the previous CallCentric credit offer messages were sent - a question which I do not believe I have read of anyone else asking here.

I PM'd the headers for the three e-mail messages.

said by verix:

Too bad we can't view the Post Jail. I never saw the wonderful posts after my exchange with Iscream.

said by Iscream:

Never did I )

I was on page 3 when *poof* the Post Jail appeared (curiosity abounds).

said by Davesnothere:

you did a 'Mail-Merge'.

CP/M, WordStar, and daisy wheel printers, Oh My!

gristle

@verizon.net
reply to Davesnothere
they did the right thing by listening to us and sending out the notice again to everyone no matter the mechanics, they did the right thing, better would have been to automatically credit accounts based on "mail merge" and based on conditions they set, thats a quick database thing, anyways glad they are stepping up, good company

garys_2k
Premium
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI
reply to Davesnothere
Yes, i got my first and only email about the credit yesterday, too. Maybe the first was blocked, whatever, I'm not going to bother asking for it.

Good topic, btw.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
CC's refund procedure was basically the same as the one that Cablevision (Optimum) used for their millions of customers whose Internet, TV, and/or phone was affected by Sandy....

They asked you to log on, fill out a form with the dates that you were out, and they will issue a refund in the upcoming billing cycle.

said by garys_2k:

I'm not going to bother asking for it.

Me neither....

Reminds me of an Abbott and Costello TV episode where the boys questioned a a charge on their rent bill.

Mr. Fields, the landlord, explained that was for kissing his girlfriend Hillary.

Costello said, "But I never kissed her!"

Mr. Fields said, "She was available if you had wanted to!"

IPfaxer

join:2010-10-24
well that does not make the procedure right
just because A is bad does not give B kudos for being just as bad

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to PX Eliezer70
said by PX Eliezer70:

....Mr. Fields, the landlord, explained that was for kissing his girlfriend Hillary....

W.C. ?

Ah Yessss !

= = = = = = = = = =

OTOH, though, MY part in this was more like that of the Girlfriend.

I just wanted to be ASKED !

Now that I HAVE been, I can choose to politely decline the proposal.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
Hutt River
said by Davesnothere:

said by PX Eliezer70:

....Mr. Fields, the landlord, explained that was for kissing his girlfriend Hillary....

W.C. ?

Not W.C. Fields.

Rather, Sidney Fields.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
Hutt River
reply to PX Eliezer70
said by PX Eliezer70:

said by garys_2k:

I'm not going to bother asking for it.

Me neither....

(That) reminds me of an Abbott and Costello TV episode....

Today---December 5th---is the anniversary of the death of Lou Costello's widow Anne Battler Costello at age 47. She was heartbroken over Lou's premature death a few months before.

Louis Costello was from Paterson, NJ, and you can still find relatives here in our state with the family name which is Cristillo.

But when it comes to working through a personal tragedy, no one can top Lou. Arriving at NBC to do a radio show, he was informed that his baby son had drowned in the family pool. He went ahead with the show....

/now back to the usual carp and crap

scooper

join:2000-07-11
Youngsville, NC
kudos:2
reply to garys_2k
Ditto - got my first notice yesterday - decided I simply don't spend enough to make it worth it ($8 - $10 per month). I'd rather they use that to shore up for the next DDOS attack / natural disaster.