Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
reply to The Mongoose

Re: Copyright Law Changes: VPN & Other Experiences

To kick things off: I've done some initial research and two options jumped out as potentially useful: BoxPN and PrivateInternetAcess. Anyone ever use one of these?

buttaknife

join:2007-06-01

said by The Mongoose:

To kick things off: I've done some initial research and two options jumped out as potentially useful: BoxPN and PrivateInternetAcess. Anyone ever use one of these?

I went with PIA. Seems like the best value and privacy policies. It's software isn't spectacular but sometimes simplicity is good.

It does support OpenVPN and stuff so you could set it at the router level as well.

The Mongoose

Toronto, ON

said by buttaknife:

said by The Mongoose:

I went with PIA. Seems like the best value and privacy policies. It's software isn't spectacular but sometimes simplicity is good.

It does support OpenVPN and stuff so you could set it at the router level as well.

Thanks bk. Any experience switching to a US server to get Hulu or Netflix US?

technocar2

join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON
kudos:2
reply to The Mongoose

said by The Mongoose:

I use private internet access, and I can tell you on torrents with enough seeds their VPN can easily max out my connection, I did posted screen shots on dslr a while back. They also don't keep logs and I paid with bit coins, so zero paper trails, remember even cash "can" leave a paper trail...lol. They give you a shared IP and the canadian servers are dmca free zones for now and they are P2P friendly VPN; not all VPNs are like that.

Private internet access has servers in north york and toronto and they use Amanah Tech and Yesup Host respectively.

Also you can have 3 simultaneous connections with them, others don't let you do that.

Prices is very low, it cost me about 2.95 bitcoins for 1 yr of service.

The Mongoose

Toronto, ON

said by technocar2:

said by The Mongoose:

I use private internet access, and I can tell you on torrents with enough seeds their VPN can easily max out my connection, I did posted screen shots on dslr a while back. They also don't keep logs and I paid with bit coins, so zero paper trails, remember even cash "can" leave a paper trail...lol. They give you a shared IP and the canadian servers are dmca free zones for now and they are P2P friendly VPN; not all VPNs are like that.

Private internet access has servers in north york and toronto and they use Amanah Tech and Yesup Host respectively.

Also you can have 3 simultaneous connections with them, others don't let you do that.

Prices is very low, it cost me about 2.95 bitcoins for 1 yr of service.

Thanks tc2, very helpful.