Search similar:

uniqs

Grothendieck
Premium Member
join:2002-07-28
Miami, FL

Grothendieck

Premium Member

Does the "World of Warcraft Battle Chest" include game time?

Friend of mine recently began playing WoW using the free Starter Edition to try it out, reached level 20, liked it, and wants to buy it.

I found the "World of Warcraft Battle Chest" which includes vanilla + BC + LK for $19.99.

Now, I have just bought the MoP expansion myself and I know it didnt include 1 month of game time BUT i do remember back when I bought the vanilla game it did include 1 month of game time. Will his battle chest include 1 month of game time? Im asking here cuz I havent seen any mention of it on blizzard's website.

Thanks.

engineercarl
Premium Member
join:2003-02-24
Washington, DC

engineercarl

Premium Member

Re: Does the "World of Warcraft Battle Chest" include

My wife just activated a copy of battlechest I got for her for her birthday and it included 30 days free gameplay.

Grothendieck
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Grothendieck

Premium Member

Thanks.

He did buy it and indeed it included 30 days of game time.

On another issue though, it has allowed him to level past level 20 BUT he still cant trade with me as we get the red message saying he is Starter Edition. I know the restrictions stay in place until they can verify the payment but since they allowed him to go past level 20 I thought that meant they had lifted the restrictions?

Also, when he logins, on the screen where you see your character list, on the left side theres a big button that says to UPGRADE his account past Starter Edition, so its like the client doesnt yet know he has upgraded...does he need to download a new client?

Thanks.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

Give the account a couple of days and then it will 'unlock', it's dumb, I know.

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14

said by JB9:

Give the account a couple of days and then it will 'unlock', it's dumb, I know.

payment has to clear... its economics

Grothendieck
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Grothendieck to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
I opened a ticket for my friend through the Support tab on the website and received the following answer:

"Thanks for contacting our Account and Technical support team! The following changes have been made to your account:

I have deleted the cache on our end and this should have fixed the problem with you getting in and utilizing the full game features."

So I guess this deletion of the cache would have gotten done by itself automatically after some time? Still gotta verify it lets him do everything.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to Venom14

Premium Member

to Venom14
No, it's Blizzards shitty way of 'dealing' with hackers/botters.