Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rtbond

join:2007-11-28
Hopatcong, NJ
reply to cOOLguy

Re: Anything I need to know b4 I buy Silicon Dust

I love my HDHomeRun Prime. The only real issue has been my M-CARD stalling periodically resulting in a "subscription required" message on channels I am authorized to receive. I eventually set-up a scheduled task in Windows 7 on one of my PCs to restart the CableCard once a day (4 AM). Since then I have not experience any issues.

Frankly most of the issues I have encountered are Windows Media Center related and SilconDust's user's forum as a FAQ that covers most of these. »www.silicondust.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=43

cOOLguy

join:2009-09-10
Torrington, CT
reply to cOOLguy
Thanks everyone, you saved me alot of time!

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Future Nine Corp..
·T-Mobile US
reply to cOOLguy
Cablevision's most common mistake with a Silicondust HDHomeRun Prime and their CableCARD is not pairing it correctly. You won't know this until Media Center starts popping up with a message to call CV to activate service.

If your HDHomeRun Prime tuner status doesn't look like this, call them back at 718-617-3500, ask to speak with Advanced Services, and tell the CSR that you're getting a message about calling to activate service.

Thankfully, the folks in Advanced Services know what they're doing. *knock on wood*

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to cOOLguy
I love my Silicon Dust

jaa
Premium
join:2000-06-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Optimum Online

1 edit
reply to cOOLguy
I have the HomeRun3 and love it. Been about a year I think. TV connected to Win7 computer and another TV connected to xbox.

HomeRun3 was easy to setup and has worked flawlessly.

Edit: no tuning adapter either
--
NOTHING justifies terrorism. We don't negotiate with terrorists. Those that support terrorists are terrorists.

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
reply to cOOLguy
None that I experienced, though I never got the tuning adapter working for the SDV channels but I did not try hard since I could always find the movies I wanted on another channel to record. Other people have got the tuning adapter to work.
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

cOOLguy

join:2009-09-10
Torrington, CT
Are they any issues with Silcon Dust HD HomeRun Prime + an MCARD from Cablevision?