All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
redrum801
join:2010-02-06

redrum801

windows 8 , no pop3

went to set up my email in new windows 8 mail app and they say they don't do pop3 , does optimum do EAS or IMAP ?? any help would be appreciated , thanks in advance !

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

MxxCon

no it doesn't.
only pop3 or webmail.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to redrum801

to redrum801
You either need to use another mail client or forward your messages to another email address. However, it is probably best to not support an application that deliberately declined to allow access to something you need. Thunderbird (Free), Microsoft Outlook (Not Free, but you may have it via Office), Windows Live Essentials (has free Mail program), and a bajillion others.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to redrum801

to redrum801
I use Windows Live Essentials mail program on Win8. It works fine. I use the desktop, not that new crummy interface.

See - »windows.microsoft.com/en ··· programs

RickNY
Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Bellport, NY

RickNY to redrum801

Premium Member

to redrum801
What you need to do is set up an Outlook.com/Hotmail account for logging in to your machine, and then on the web, add your POP account to the Outlook.com account. It's clunky - but if you want to use the native don't-call-it-Metro mail app, thats the only way it can be done. Be sure to set the "Send From" address to your Optonline added POP account.

If you use the Desktop interface, you're free to use whatever mail client you want. I find it insanely annoying that Microsoft did not think to integrate Outlook itself into the new interface's mail app.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

said by RickNY:

What you need to do is set up an Outlook.com/Hotmail account for logging in to your machine, and then on the web, add your POP account to the Outlook.com account. It's clunky - but if you want to use the native don't-call-it-Metro mail app, thats the only way it can be done. Be sure to set the "Send From" address to your Optonline added POP account.

Will this show the return address as ...@optonline.net?