RARPSL
join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY

RARPSL to Napsterbater

to Napsterbater

Re: IP address in IL.

said by Napsterbater:

said by Rufus4bz:

I currently live in IL. and I'm trying to buy something from a state website that is only available to IL. residents. They say my IP address doesn't originate from IL. Is there any way to find out where it originates from and how I can make it so I'm viewed as being from IL?
I have U-Verse Turbo Max, BTW.

Steve

Hence the problem with with sites trying to use IP for location.

You can maybe try and reboot your modem and/or router and hope for a new IP with closer location data.

Rebooting to get a new/better IPN may not help. I just used »www.iplocation.net/ to see where my IPN claims I am. It listed 3 different location services none of which gave my correct location. One claimed I was in Stratford Connecticut (which is nowhere near me), one said Hicksville NY (which is the corporate location of my provider - again now where near me but at least the correct state), and the last said Mahwah NJ (which is where my headend is and is the next town over from my Suffern NY location). This last I am willing to accept as accurate so long as I do not need to show a correct State location as the poster would.

The reason why I say it might not help is obviously due his problem seeming to be that the Locator being used getting it wrong and another locator might get the correct State for the IPN he has.

Napsterbater
Meh
MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA

Napsterbater

MVM

I agree, hence the maybe in my post. Not much else to try.

This is why I hate IP Geo Location.