Premium Member
join:2000-08-03
Folsom, CA

ccallana to 67845017

Premium Member

to 67845017

Re: Microsoft Surface Pricing

said by 67845017:

I think over time that's going to be possible and likely to happen. I think Intel also needs to ramp up its game. Their mobile initiatives move too slowly. With AMD struggling, I don't think they provide nearly as large of a fire to light under Intel's butt as they used to do.

Trust me, Intel has a big fire under their butt, with or without AMD. Intel has some very exciting low power products on the road map, but it takes time to take performance, and then power reduce it. I think you will see some cool products over the next few years. Sure, we'd all like it earlier... even Intel - and they are moving as fast as they can to get low power products to market.

Full Disclosure statement - I work for Intel and was part of the team that just launched the latest Intel Atom based tablets known as "Clovertrail". Statements above are my own... not Intel's.
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

1 recommendation

67845017 (banned)

I was a chip designer for AMD, so I know exactly about development and timing, etc. But I also know that Intel worked better and faster with a true competitor and AMD hasn't been a true competitor in a few years.