uniqs

Ctrl Alt Del
Premium Member
join:2002-02-18

Ctrl Alt Del to FF4m3

Premium Member

to FF4m3

Re: Apple 'Invents' Wireless Charging

Apple isn't claiming to invent wireless charging itself. All of you and that shitty website The Register are making that claim. Apple is inventing a system that uses existing NFMR technology. This is a patent that builds off wireless charging.

Read the patent for yourself: »www.freepatentsonline.co ··· 980.html

The present invention provides a system and method for utilizing wireless near field magnetic resonance (NFMR) power transmission in a computing environment.

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger

MVM

said by Ctrl Alt Del:

The present invention provides a system and method for utilizing wireless near field magnetic resonance (NFMR) power transmission in a computing environment.

OK so I read it and still don't see how it could stand a chance for a patent, given its an existing art (thanks Tesla who even demonstrated powering multiple devices concurrently which shoots to hell the multiple device aspect of the patent) and an obvious extension of an existing art (powering computing devices), nor is it unique as existing products exist (»www.getpowerpad.com for example, hell they are even making these for cars so you can power your devices while in your car »www.wirelesspowerplanet. ··· gration/ and heck that was after doing a simple search for 'near field magnetic resonance', I'm sure there are piles more and older as well, so if I can do this I sure the hell wish the patent office could perform such a search however they continue to disappoint).

Qualcomm demonstrated eZone wireless charger in 2009 ( »mitsloan.mit.edu/newsroo ··· cobs.php ) would be another example of why Apple shouldn't be granted a patent for this.

So could someone explain what makes the Apple invent unique and worthy of a patent?

Blake

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese to Ctrl Alt Del

Premium Member

to Ctrl Alt Del
Apple is "updating" existing technology, not "inventing"...