amenite
The Soylent - It's People
Premium Member
join:2002-11-21
Ridgewood, NJ

amenite

Premium Member

VZW is all caught up too...

Just "upgraded" to a new non-smart phone and paid the $30 upgrade tax imposed by VZW as of last April. Not justified IMO especially given my situation (infrequent equipment changes, simple devices, etc.).

So in respect to the competition, VZW has definitely caught up to theirs in the nickel & dime you area. They better tout the network, because IMO that's all they have left.

anon anon
@charter.com

anon anon

Anon

said by amenite:

Just "upgraded" to a new non-smart phone and paid the $30 upgrade tax imposed by VZW as of last April. Not justified IMO especially given my situation (infrequent equipment changes, simple devices, etc.).

So in respect to the competition, VZW has definitely caught up to theirs in the nickel & dime you area. They better tout the network, because IMO that's all they have left.

Well if you had been an At&T or Sprint customer you would have been charged $36 not $30. Also you are saying this new phone isn't worth $30? Which phone is it? I can 100% guarantee it's worth more than $30.

amenite
The Soylent - It's People
Premium Member
join:2002-11-21
Ridgewood, NJ

amenite

Premium Member

I paid substantially more than $30. The $30 was the icing on the cake. And I called them back to get a refund on my shipping since the Fedex guy couldn't get here before 10:30 AM two days in a row. They were nice enough to agree with the Fedex tracking results and promptly forked over the $14.99 + tax.