uniqs
share rss forum feed

Zizoo

join:2010-05-12
PA

1 recommendation

reply to ArrayList

Re: Getting New HSI Account in My Name

He used the service that was in her name. He has just as much as a responsibility as she does to pay the bill in my opinion.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Brighton, MA
Reviews:
·RCN CABLE
·Comcast

said by Zizoo:

He used the service that was in her name.

immaterial. The only person Comcast has any authority to go after would be the person who's name is on the account.

Cheese
Premium
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL
kudos:1

said by ArrayList:

said by Zizoo:

immaterial. The only person Comcast has any authority to go after would be the person who's name is on the account.

Yep

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to ArrayList

said by ArrayList:

said by Zizoo:

So the kid doesn't HAVE to pay, But comCast has the right to refuse service at that address until that bill is paid or they have PROOF that it is a new tennat.
The advise given, is for the OP's convience (and mothers credit rating) to work it out and pay it off.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Brighton, MA
Reviews:
·RCN CABLE
·Comcast

You can have multiple accounts at the same address, I don't know how his mothers service affects the OPs ability to get their own service. If OP has good credit, there is no risk for comast to provide service. I hope OP has some good alternatives to comcast.

OP shouldn't pay for it. It isn't their responsibility if they are not listed on the bill.

and yes, I understand that comcast may have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, but OP should check with his public utilities commission and see if that is legal for comcast to do that. I'm guessing it is, but it doesn't hurt to explore all avenues.

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west

1 edit
reply to ArrayList

never mind