spc
uniqs
EO50
join:2005-01-23
united state

EO50 to Jmartz0

to Jmartz0

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

Got e-mail yesterday 12/04/2012 that I should be getting the guide this week. I'm on Long Island and running Samsung Boxes.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

I never get emails for any of these upgrades? I have my original optimum email address. I did get a robo call shortly before my node was upgraded to 5 channels.
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM

said by dm145:

I never get emails for any of these upgrades? I have my original optimum email address.

Are you registered with an Optimum ID to manage your account?
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

yes

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0 to RemyM

to RemyM
You don't necessarily need an Optimum ID. There must be a way to subscribe to the emails because I got the email to my Optimum account and also my WORK account. I also get nearly daily emails to my work account about special offers and contests... I must have used my work email address on the website or something because it is NOT in anyway affiliated with or hosted by Optimum... either way it was nice to get the email. I got it the day before and the next morning the new guide was there.

I like the new guide. I think it looks nice, and I also really like the archive feature, being able to quickly scroll through all the free on demand channels and have it list the programs that are available from each channel is really, really nice. I noticed there are other channels listed as available on demand that I did not notice before... either way, integrating it into the guide was a great idea. HBO on Demand, and premium stuff still requires you to go the on demand menu which is slower... hopefully they build that feature in soon.

I have DVR controls but DVR + is not available so I just get an error message when I try to use it. I will probably subscribe to DVR plus if they ever make it available.

I just looked at my cable modem and I have 5 channels now too.

The technicians must have been very busy!
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

If you want to get the emails, contact customer support and request them update the contact email on your account.