how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RiseAbove
Premium
join:2004-01-30

Anybody shocked?

the CWA does whatever helps the CWA and screws over the people. I have worked under the CWA and they are a horrible union with essentially no power. They do nothing to help out employees who have been wronged, I saw this multiple times, and they always back management.

I am all for unions but they have to be there for the people they are representing. The CWA is just a cash grab by a greedy organization.

n2jtx

join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

1 recommendation

said by RiseAbove:

the CWA does whatever helps the CWA and screws over the people. I have worked under the CWA and they are a horrible union with essentially no power. They do nothing to help out employees who have been wronged, I saw this multiple times, and they always back management.

How is this different than any other organization? The union has one major interest; perpetuating itself and its leadership (after all, the last thing they want to do is have to go back to doing the real labor they supposedly represent). And of course they will accept layoffs. Once laid off, a worker is no longer a member of most unions and cannot vote out the leadership that caused them to lose their job.

My father was in a professional union for a long time and the union was never there to help him with a grievance but they were front and center to collect dues and demand he man a picket line.
--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

Angrychair

join:2000-09-20
Jacksonville, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by n2jtx:

My father was in a professional union for a long time and the union was never there to help him with a grievance but they were front and center to collect dues and demand he man a picket line.

Which union?